Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class '08  (Read 4736 times)

NeverForever

• View Profile
Class '08
« on: May 02, 2005, 08:23:25 PM »
Anyone on this board planning on attending BU Law in the fall?

Has anyone started the apartment search, or summer job serach?

mbar1357

• View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
Re: Class '08
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 12:14:06 PM »
Unless I get off of the waitlist at Cornell or Duke, it looks like BU for me too.  I haven't really started looking at apartments yet, but I am definitely looking for roommates - I would like to live as close to school as possible, although that might be tough given the location of BU.

yale05

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 10:32:03 AM »

I chose BC instead of BU, but it seems that most BU/BC students live in the Alltston and Brighton areas. I heard that you may want to start your apartment search soon because the better apartments seem to go fairly quickly.

NeverForever

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 11:16:25 AM »
I think my plan is to sublet for the summer and then go looking for a year long lease once I move up there. That way I can learn the city and know where I want to live while also waiting out my waitlists.

Hopefully all the good apartments won't be gone by then.

mt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 01:03:40 PM »
If you're going to BU, I'd recommend living somewhere else other than Allston/Brighton, if you can afford it.  The B-Line is awful.  Brookline is a better option, or the Back Bay/South End.

Not MT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 03:55:27 PM »
Don't listen to MT, he's a brookline snob (btw, how many square feet did you have to live in there in Brookline?).  Unless you have the money for Brookline, Allston is right by school (I walked most days) and is close to many bars/restaurants.  Of course, MT woud be so blitzed from the law review socials that he needed the long walk home to Brookline to work it off.

NeverForever

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 04:32:05 PM »
I'm looking for a 1L roommate (or two or three). I'd like to move around July 1st in the Allston/Brighton area. If you're also roommate/apartment hunting message me.

BUSLstudent

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 11:08:36 AM »
DO NOT LIVE IN ALLSTON.

I did last year.  Not only were we robbed of a computer, other electronic stuff, and some brand new clothes of my roommates, but we have mice, several of my friends living nearby got bedbugs from their buildings, and it is loud, noisy and obnoxious on the weekends at 3 in the morning.