Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Incoming 1Ls at Howard  (Read 9145 times)

HUSL2007

• View Profile
Re: Incoming 1Ls at Howard
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 03:51:47 PM »
I can't verify if it is mandatory, but I think you should probably be there since a lot of things will take place there such as completing registration and ID pics. Also, you get to meet other students before class start. There is this pinning ceremony that will probably be on the Friday too. When do you get to DC?

I wont be able to get out there until Thursday afternoon probably after everything is over. Hopefully it wont be a hassle trying to make everything up.

you DO NOT WANT TO BE ABSENT!  Seriously call them first.

damarrb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2005, 02:10:24 PM »
I used Sallie Mae since I already have a history with them.

Has everyone that is an incoming 1L at Howard completed their immunizations/health form yet? I need a couple of shots so I will try to go to the health center this week.

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 01:31:40 AM »
hey guys! i think i may have just gotten off the waitlist at howard today. The dean of admissions called but i wasnt home. I'm hoping its a last minute acceptance. I just hope im not wrong! >:( Anyhow, so if it IS good news. I need every single piece of info anyone can give me! ;)
I understand orientation is this week and classes start next week??  Does anyone know of any good places to live in the MD area that are pretty close to the school? Have you guys receievd your assignments yet for the first day of classeS? Any advice or info you could give is GREATLY needed! ;D
HUSL 1L

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2005, 09:15:09 AM »
Oh, I forgot to ask, do they provide Health Insurance for students? Also, is it possible to ride the metro to school or is driving easier?? thanks again
HUSL 1L

JusticeJunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2005, 12:28:58 AM »
Hello Howard Peeps!
I went to HU in undergrad and now am in law school in the south (I'm from TX and moved closer to home.)  I miss Howard so much and think about coming back often.  Can anyone offer info. on transfer scholarships?  Good luck to you all as well.