Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Bloomington on-campus housing  (Read 4804 times)

RUSewCrazy

• 2.6/163
    • View Profile
Bloomington on-campus housing
« on: April 25, 2005, 07:27:34 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with on-campus housing at IUB? Specifically Tulip Tree or Campus View apartments. I've driven by both, and they seem ok - but are they a crazy place to try to live with two kids? Tulip Tree looks nice, but it doesn't seem to be near a bus line.

Would LOVE any impressions of ANY oncampus housing!

Thanks!

LawLady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Bloomington on-campus housing
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 11:30:19 PM »
Did you participate in the online chat a little while ago?  There were some current students on it that knew quite a bit...

I hope they have another one soon, as the first was pretty informative, but I hadn't gotten my acceptance letter yet (I actually found out I got in during the chat), so I didn't ask much about housing. 

Maybe email admissions and ask if they can recommend someone to talk to about this. 

IUB is really community oriented, so someone is likely to want to help.

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
  • Your Mom goes to college!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 02:05:16 PM »
I too would be interested in any advice/info on housing for Bloomington. Looking for a 1 BR close to the LS also would like to consider getting a dog, so would like any info on apt's that might allow pets. If anone knows anything, it would be greatly appreciated.
Knowin' nothing in life, But to be legit, Don't quote me boy, I ain't said *&^%.

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 03:04:44 PM »
Campus View is recently renovated.  I've never been in it, but having been redone recently, it should be fairly nice.  Tulip Tree, I think, has more people with kids or married couples than any other on-campus housing.  The apartments are almost exclusively grad students, although there are a couple of undergrads floating around, so it should be fairly quiet.

The Admitted Student Housing page of the IU-Law website has some information on which landlords allow dogs.

Also check the classifed section of the Indiana Daily Student website, www.idsnews.com.  Look for "grad student discount".  Those houses and apartments are often in slightly quieter neighborhoods.  Don't be afraid to look around a neighborhood when you find a house, to see if it looks like families live near by.  The other area, if you don't mind being outside of walking distance, is about a mile south of campus, near Bloomington High School South.  There are some fairly new houses, and it's not a big student area, so it should be pretty quiet.

jbrooks1

• Sr. Citizen
  • Your Mom goes to college!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - brooksjb1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 01:49:22 PM »
taco john, did you decide on iub? im jealous of your scholarship, but would be cool to see you at iub.

any places particular you'd recommend living, i'd be looking for off-campus?
Knowin' nothing in life, But to be legit, Don't quote me boy, I ain't said *&^%.

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 03:41:26 PM »
taco john, did you decide on iub? im jealous of your scholarship, but would be cool to see you at iub.

any places particular you'd recommend living, i'd be looking for off-campus?

www.burnhamrentals.com

Brand new development about a block from the law school.  Pricey, but can't beat the location for law students.  Look for houses between 7th and 10th, and Indiana and Woodlawn.  Lots of grad students in there, and about a 5 minute walk to the law school down Indiana.

And yes, it looks like I'll be "Back Home Again in Indiana".