Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What do you think of these Constitutional Law supplements?  (Read 1122 times)

carrie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
What do you think of these Constitutional Law supplements?
« on: April 25, 2005, 09:34:46 AM »
Constitutional Law
1) Chemerinsky's hornbook
2) West sum & substance quick review
3) emanuel's outline

Anything else that you can recommend? I hear this class is a pain in the rear end!

carrie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What do you think of these Constitutional Law supplements?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 02:32:06 PM »
Ruskie- your thoughts on this class? :-\

rulaw25

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 06:51:12 PM »
The Cherminsky book, Constitutional law: Principles & Policies.  Very thick and comprehensive, but has just about every important case up until 2002.  You can look up the cases and topics you are studying (no need to use the whole book), this makes the book less intimidating.  I used this book and my notes, and my outline is right-on for may con law class.   

carrie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 03:05:54 PM »
Thanks for your help! So you definitely don't think I should purchase it then?  All law libraries will have one, right?
Were any other books on my list that are good to get?

The Cherminsky book, Constitutional law: Principles & Policies.  Very thick and comprehensive, but has just about every important case up until 2002.  You can look up the cases and topics you are studying (no need to use the whole book), this makes the book less intimidating.  I used this book and my notes, and my outline is right-on for may con law class.   

rulaw25

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 09:49:23 AM »
I'm not sure if  libraries would have it.  I just bought it so that I could mark it up and highlight the important cases, etc.  I don't know much about Sum & Substance, or Emanuel's, but I also have Gilbert's which is good (Emanuel's probably similar), but One I started using the Chemerinsky book, That's all I used.
Hope this helps!  Good luck!