School Specific Boards > St. Thomas (Florida)

Anyone in the Fall 1l class?

<< < (2/3) > >>

mcleod13:
I am applying to St. Thomas and am very interested in it. Does anyone regret their choice of attending yet?

WKRUSE:
Since this was a thread about a Florida school, just thought I would post the spring/summer 05 bar pass rates for each school.

1. Florida Coastal...................81. 9%
2. U of Miami........................ .79.4%
3. U of Florida...................... ..79.2%
4. Florida State......................76 .6%                   
5. Stetson...................... .......74.3%
6. FIU.......................... .........73.2%
7. non-Florida law schools......68.2%
8. Nova Southeastern U.........65.1%
9. Barry U. of Orlando............58.2%
10. St. Thomas......................5 7.9%
11. Florida A&M U.................52.9%

Good luck.

socialworker:
I too have sent in my deposit to St Thomas but am not sure if I will attend.  I'm looking more for the New England area and have been accepted to RWU also (went to see was not impressed).  I have a family friend who just graduated from STU and raves about it.  She said despite the low bar passage rate she and her friends studied hard and passed.  She also has a good job for a firm and is already doing litigation on her own.  She said the environment was friendly and that the Dean, who was a former State Attorney General, has a lot of pull.  After her first year, the Dean changed the policy that students had to maintain a certain GPA to keep their scholarship and changed it so that students could get more money by finishing in a certain percentage of the class.  That's about all I know about it, I haven't seen it or ever even been to Miami but would like to go check it out.  I'm also waiting for some more Boston schools, so we'll see what happens....

lawschoolmama:
If you have any questions about the school let me know - I started this thread last year.  I am finishing my first year here and am very happy  . . .

socialworker:
Thanks for offering.  I guess I would want to know what your general impressions are.  I know that's vague, maybe how the professors seem, how the atmosphere is within the student community.  I'm from NJ and I also just got into Nova, and I'm not sure if I want to move down to Florida or which school is right for me if I do.  I guess any kind of insight would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version