;

Poll

Which is regarded better?

Case Western
 6 (85.7%)
Akron
 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Albany or Pace?  (Read 650 times)

brook

• View Profile
Albany or Pace?
« on: April 21, 2005, 01:24:36 PM »
I live and work in NYC.  I was recentely accepted to Albany and Pace and am having trouble deciding on where to go.  Anyone hear anything about the commute from nyc to Pace?  Do Pace grads have a better chance of landing a job in nyc than albany grads?

kdeevers

• View Profile
Re: Albany or Pace?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 12:52:43 PM »
I was accepted to Pace too and one of the partners in the firm where I work in Westchester is a Pace graduate.  I think the schools reputation is getting better each year.  I went to their admitted students open house, and I liked that they had small class sizes and the professors seemed very approachable.  It personally wasn't the school for me, but I think that you really can't tell without visiting.  As far as the commute, you can hop on the metro north from grand central station and be there in about 30 - 40 minutes.  From there you would need to take a short shuttle bus ride.  I don't know much about Albany.  Good luck.

Christina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 03:20:09 PM »
I also was accepted to both these schools and chose Albany. I'll be moving there from Florida in August. I still haven't even heard from two of the schools I applied to ( I applied to seven total) but Albany's deadline to make a deposit/decision was coming up so I went with them. Plus they are less expensive than Pace.

corleone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 08:45:24 AM »
I go to Albany, email me with questions

corli1@aol.com

brook

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 04:34:25 PM »
Hey,

I ended up going with Albany, but deferred for a year and will start Fall 2006.  Anything assistance you can provide in the way of prep, thoughts on profs/classes, tips, hints, etc. would be great -

I go to Albany, email me with questions

corli1@aol.com