I am beginning law school in January at UF and was wondering how does one fail in law school? What characteristics does a failing law student embody?
The best I can do is give examples of things that I have noticed with other students that did not do well.
1. Partied too much
2. Didn't treat law school seriously
3. Skipped class too much
4. Thought the law was what THEY thought it should be instead of looking at and learning it from an objective viewpoint
5. Waiting until the last minute to do everything
6. Relying on everyone and everything else to learn the law instead of doing the work yourself
7. Not being able to see the big picture
8. Not finding a way to structure the material so that it is manageable (for me, this involves outlining but it isn't necessarily the right way for everyone)
That's about all I can think of for the moment.