Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone attending?  (Read 27445 times)

enjoydavid

• View Profile
Re: anyone attending?
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2005, 10:49:26 AM »
I owe you and Mclure some beers for last night...good time...

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nikepr0be
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2005, 06:23:38 PM »
got an assignment in the mail.  i have to prepare a 'legal memorandum' and mail it in by august 1st regarding a case we have to read (deck v. missouri).  doesn't seem too strenuous.. less than 300 words, non-graded, required.

also have to brief it and bring that with me first day of class.

btw registration/orientation is august 19th.  my lease starts july 29th, so i'll be back/forth moving in between then and the 19th.
post-3L

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2005, 06:30:37 PM »
oh yeah, i also got parking info.  i was told to go with the locust st garage?  sound about right?  i'm not footing that bill for brottier, $150/mo?  no thanks.
post-3L

rapunzel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2005, 08:01:39 PM »
I prefer Forbes.

sunny478

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2005, 08:26:16 PM »
I have two friends who are 2L's with cars and spots and I don't mind buses.  Not that I have $600 for a Duquesne parking spot but I have to ask... is it worth the money? 

Looking forward to that Deck v Missouri case, I've been doing my work on the beach to give the illusion that I have free time. Ha!  Thanks for all the advice guys, you're making law school seem tough but exciting and not too daunting.  After browsing other schools' message boards I can say with confidence that Duquesne's posters are the friendliest and most understanding. Good luck this fall.

PS - I'm going to call again about getting software for Macs

enjoydavid

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2005, 09:25:13 PM »
DOnt worry or spend too much time on the first assignment...I had gililland for legal writing and I dont think he even looked at them.

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2005, 01:01:58 AM »
I prefer Forbes.

may i ask why?  i didn't send the form in yet, i planned on doing it tomorrow.  i can always change it.
post-3L

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2005, 01:04:27 AM »
I'm going to call again about getting software for Macs

please let me know what they have to say.  if they're going to offer it, i need to update to a newer version of panther or tiger (securexam is only available for panther 10.3+ i think).
post-3L

rapunzel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2005, 03:10:39 PM »
I like Forbes because to get to Locust you have to drive through the campus and often you have to wade through pedestrians and a line of cars to get into the garage.  Forbes garage is entered, oddly enough, from Forbes Ave, which does not suffer the student congestion.  Both garages are right next to each other, so its not necessarily a big deal, I just think Forbes is faster to get in and out of.

Buy the parking pass.  The buses are hugely inefficient and will cost you the same amount in the end.  But you can't buy back your time.  All of which you will need.  Plus the bus will drop you off down on Forbes and you'll have to hike up the hill every day.

The first assignment is to give you practice and feedback on briefing.  It also serves as a baseline so that the profs can detect anyone who truly can't write early.  Most of the writing profs do in fact use them.  Gilliand has been asleep the pat few years from what I've heard, however.

onepoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • three down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2005, 04:06:47 PM »
alright, thanks for the heads-up :)
post-3L