Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What can you do to push and motivate yourself?  (Read 35788 times)

Dundee

• View Profile
Re: What can you do to push and motivate yourself?
« Reply #130 on: March 18, 2008, 12:15:59 PM »
Ketanmine is a very promising drug for occasional use -- trippy almost like LSD, yet lasts only about 2 hours, which is good if you get a bad trip.

C o c o

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2008, 10:04:58 AM »

Ketanmine is a very promising drug for occasional use -- trippy almost like LSD, yet lasts only about 2 hours, which is good if you get a bad trip.

Ketamine was the anaesthetic of choice for war medics treating the casualties of the Vietnam conflict. But today it is better known as the designer drug of the dance-floor generation. If you ask most people if they've tried 'Special K' they assume you're talking about the popular low-fat breakfast cereal. But on the street the term refers to ketamine -- the by-now-popular drug on the dance scene. There's also an emerging trend of mixing the drug, also dubbed vitamin K.

mgkoefod

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 19, 2008, 10:52:42 AM »
I like to spend one day just concentrating on one subject. That way I don't have to lug all the books around and that overwhelming feeling doesn't kick in. Today for example is Civ Pro day and I'm working on my outline and reviewing all of the cases, trying to work out the answers to old exams, etc. This might not work for all people (who might get bored doing Civ Pro all day), but I find it better and easier to concentrate than looking at the Property book in the corner and going "Oh crap, I have so much to do!"

This is great advice!

multifarious

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2008, 06:26:21 PM »

Nothing beats LSD .. the insight you gain during the introspection of just one trip is worth years of self-exploring and soul-searching. Law school and lawyering, with its snobism, pretentiousness and fake arrogance, will seem funny to you afterwards ..

[...] For most, the psychedelic experience dealt a serious blow to their desire for power, and all those buttresses to the power urge that go by the name ambition. The man who comes back through the Door in the Wall will never be the same as the man who went out. He will be wiser but less cocksure, happier but less self satisfied, humbler in acknowledging his ignorance, yet better equipped to understand the relationship of words to things, of systematic reasoning to the unfathomable Mystery which it tries, forever vainly, to comprehend.

[...]

Indeed, LSD makes a person very suggestible, and that's the royal road to wisdom -- that's what Timothy Leary used to say. LSD can be regarded as a chemical means to produce the fresh, baby-like perception that is necessary to inaugurate new approaches and habits. But, using LSD to produce vulnerability is okay only if the set and setting for the experience are benign. For instance, from the '50s to early '70s, the CIA tested the drug's brainwashing utility in 149 projects at universities, hospitals and prisons; in 39 of them, LSD was often given without the recipients' knowledge or consent. [In fact, every spook in the CIA, including President Bush has taken LSD.] William James, the father of modern American psychology, said the best cure for dipsomania is religomania and the non-denominational peak experience produced by LSD seemed to many researchers to have great potential for treating drug and alcohol problems.
When a man tells you that he got rich through hard work, ask him whose.

A l m a

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2008, 03:24:01 PM »

Nothing beats LSD .. the insight you gain during the introspection of just one trip is worth years of self-exploring and soul-searching. Law school and lawyering, with its snobism, pretentiousness and fake arrogance, will seem funny to you afterwards ..

The real reason LSD needs to be illegal is not because it makes a tiny percentage of its users crazy, but because of what it does to the vast majority ... LSD does not attract non-conformists so much as it is creates them. One can not, for example, after a serious immersion in LSD, go back to the 9-to-5 world of sales managers and upward mobility. Better to work for yourself, doing something simple and useful, which was why so many hippies became entrepreneurs, farmers, craftspeople. For most, the psychedelic experience dealt a serious blow to their desire for power, and all those buttresses to the power urge that go by the name ambition. The man who comes back through the Door in the Wall will never be the same as the man who went out. He will be wiser but less cocksure, happier but less self satisfied, humbler in acknowledging his ignorance, yet better equipped to understand the relationship of words to things, of systematic reasoning to the unfathomable Mystery which it tries, forever vainly, to comprehend.

"Bad trips" on LSD result from the 11-hour forced introspection that the drug creates. Most cannot stand to look that closely at themselves, certainly not for that long. That's why Leary and company were getting complete cures of psychotics after five or six guided LSD trips, of course, before the government stepped in and outlawed the drug. Well, movie "The Passion of Christ," by Mel Gibson is like being on acid for two straight hours, only the subject isn't yourself, it is Jesus.

Dr. Timothy Leary, interviewed by Playboy, announced that LSD was the most powerful aphrodisiac ever discovered. "Let me put it this way," he said, "compared with sex under LSD, the way you have been making love -- no matter how ecstatic the pleasure you think you get from it is like making love to a department-store-window dummy. "The three inevitable goals of the LSD session are to discover and make love with God, to discover and make love with yourself, and to discover and make love with a woman."

I definately think LSD is great for introspection. But what if it is an external reality you want to attach yourself to? I tend to believe you'd prefer K-hole levels ketamine in a nice, comfortable, safe environment. Now, I've never had the pleasure of trying mescaline; a friend of mine who's done an extreme dose of Mescaline, several pounds of san pedro, said he spent what felt like a thousand years in another reality. He says mescaline changes you forever, like 2 years after he's still different. He feels as if he has a guardian.

o n l i n e

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 24, 2008, 04:33:44 PM »

I definately think LSD is great for introspection. But what if it is an external reality you want to attach yourself to? I tend to believe you'd prefer K-hole levels ketamine in a nice, comfortable, safe environment. Now, I've never had the pleasure of trying mescaline; a friend of mine who's done an extreme dose of Mescaline, several pounds of san pedro, said he spent what felt like a thousand years in another reality. He says mescaline changes you forever, like 2 years after he's still different. He feels as if he has a guardian.

A claim frequently heard about the San Pedro experience is that the user embarks on a flight of a telepathic nature being transported across time and space. A user who embarks on this "astral journey" may perceive events happening in distant parts of the world, or in metaphysical realms. This flight phenomenon, which I have not encountered in my experience with San Pedro, may result from solanaceous plants which are frequently included in the San Pedro brew and contain the Belladonna alkaloids.

e v e n

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2008, 02:57:58 AM »

A claim frequently heard about the San Pedro experience is that the user embarks on a flight of a telepathic nature being transported across time and space. A user who embarks on this "astral journey" may perceive events happening in distant parts of the world, or in metaphysical realms. This flight phenomenon, which I have not encountered in my experience with San Pedro, may result from solanaceous plants which are frequently included in the San Pedro brew and contain the Belladonna alkaloids.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but remote viewing is the term it's usually used, isn't it?

CK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2008, 07:20:00 PM »
Interesting!

mucho

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2008, 10:57:28 AM »

The real reason LSD needs to be illegal is not because it makes a tiny percentage of its users crazy, but because of what it does to the vast majority ... LSD does not attract non-conformists so much as it is creates them. One can not, for example, after a serious immersion in LSD, go back to the 9-to-5 world of sales managers and upward mobility. Better to work for yourself, doing something simple and useful, which was why so many hippies became entrepreneurs, farmers, craftspeople. For most, the psychedelic experience dealt a serious blow to their desire for power, and all those buttresses to the power urge that go by the name ambition. The man who comes back through the Door in the Wall will never be the same as the man who went out. He will be wiser but less cocksure, happier but less self satisfied, humbler in acknowledging his ignorance, yet better equipped to understand the relationship of words to things, of systematic reasoning to the unfathomable Mystery which it tries, forever vainly, to comprehend.

"Bad trips" on LSD result from the 11-hour forced introspection that the drug creates. Most cannot stand to look that closely at themselves, certainly not for that long. That's why Leary and company were getting complete cures of psychotics after five or six guided LSD trips, of course, before the government stepped in and outlawed the drug. Well, movie "The Passion of Christ," by Mel Gibson is like being on acid for two straight hours, only the subject isn't yourself, it is Jesus.

Dr. Timothy Leary, interviewed by Playboy, announced that LSD was the most powerful aphrodisiac ever discovered. "Let me put it this way," he said, "compared with sex under LSD, the way you have been making love -- no matter how ecstatic the pleasure you think you get from it is like making love to a department-store-window dummy. "The three inevitable goals of the LSD session are to discover and make love with God, to discover and make love with yourself, and to discover and make love with a woman."

Indeed Alma! LSD is very useful for mediation. People often ask me whether my meditation practice has anything to do with my involvement in environmental work. In actuality, it was the same warm current that lead me from LSD to meditation, which then picked me up again and took me into the forest. My sense is that I'm not getting lost from the path. This is what I'm meant to be doing. Perhaps one day that current will pick me up and I'll start meditating again. I haven't lost confidence in the practice. I think I developed some qualities in mediation that are very useful in environmental work, such as being able to focus on the process rather than the goal.
What do coins think of paper money?

becky

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2008, 02:34:37 PM »

Good complementary stuff, Alma!