Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What can you do to push and motivate yourself?  (Read 36346 times)

chickenbreast

• View Profile
Re: What can you do to push and motivate yourself?
« Reply #120 on: September 19, 2006, 09:43:28 PM »

Nothing beats LSD .. the insight you gain during the introspection of just one trip is worth years of self-exploring and soul-searching. Law school and lawyering, with its snobism, pretentiousness and fake arrogance, will seem funny to you afterwards ..

LSD is one such drug that will make you think the furry you're @ # ! * i n g in the ass is actually a hell-bent hare whose face is melting off. Often, it will cause users to have Vietnam war-style flashbacks and think Quasidan's penis is coming to get them.
De justice je m'en charge!

Opie

• LSAT 165 GPA 3.94
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2006, 03:32:24 PM »
Thanks

theworldinahand

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2006, 12:31:03 AM »
Mother Nature has created all these nice and beautiful things for us to live with/by/for .. it's sad we don't have the courage to face the fact that we're nothing else but an extension of nature; or pretend that we can label as 'evil', 'dangerous,' whatever, things that we could use to our advantage and live more comfortably ..

V e r a

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2007, 04:11:48 PM »

I prefer my Colombian coffee.

I don't think the Colombian thing is a good idea. I mean, emotional liberation, breakdown of communication barriers, increased feelings of self worth, elimination of the need for sleep and lack of appetite granted, what about the heightened risk of cerebral hemorrhages (stokes), heart and circulatory failure and paranoid psychoses?

Excuse me???

a l i n d

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 17, 2008, 04:48:12 PM »

I thought I would ask the question: How many students here take drugs? And when I say "drugs" I mean amphetamines, marijuana, alcohol abuse, or name your own drug. Seems down right ludicrous the Bar Examiners may be reluctant to admit you to the bar if you have a DUI on your record but you could be a raging coke-head with no record and be admitted.

I hear 50% of students are on amphetamines. They claim it helps them stay awake longer and study harder ... which it does. In fact, those of them that were taking phen-phen performed better on finals than those of us who didn't.

I'm starting to feel like the poor athlete who can't afford the performance enhancing drugs and will consequently miss out on the million dollar sponsorship deals.

Well, drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route! ;)

Anyway, getting serious now -- there were two babies born on the same day at the same hospital. They lay there and looking at each other. Their families eventually took them away. Eighty years later, they were in the same hospital, on their deathbeds, next to each other. One of them looked at the other and said, "So. What did you think?"

resume

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2008, 01:35:15 PM »

[...] or pretend that we can label as 'evil', 'dangerous,' whatever, things that we could use to our advantage and live more comfortably ..

We do not pretend that we can label them as 'evil', 'dangerous'...we actually label them as such.
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

backaregodi

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2008, 06:28:54 AM »

Nothing beats LSD .. the insight you gain during the introspection of just one trip is worth years of self-exploring and soul-searching. Law school and lawyering, with its snobism, pretentiousness and fake arrogance, will seem funny to you afterwards ..

The real reason LSD needs to be illegal is not because it makes a tiny percentage of its users crazy, but because of what it does to the vast majority ... LSD does not attract non-conformists so much as it is creates them. One can not, for example, after a serious immersion in LSD, go back to the 9-to-5 world of sales managers and upward mobility. Better to work for yourself, doing something simple and useful, which was why so many hippies became entrepreneurs, farmers, craftspeople. For most, the psychedelic experience dealt a serious blow to their desire for power, and all those buttresses to the power urge that go by the name ambition. The man who comes back through the Door in the Wall will never be the same as the man who went out. He will be wiser but less cocksure, happier but less self satisfied, humbler in acknowledging his ignorance, yet better equipped to understand the relationship of words to things, of systematic reasoning to the unfathomable Mystery which it tries, forever vainly, to comprehend.

"Bad trips" on LSD result from the 11-hour forced introspection that the drug creates. Most cannot stand to look that closely at themselves, certainly not for that long. That's why Leary and company were getting complete cures of psychotics after five or six guided LSD trips, of course, before the government stepped in and outlawed the drug. Well, movie "The Passion of Christ," by Mel Gibson is like being on acid for two straight hours, only the subject isn't yourself, it is Jesus.

Dr. Timothy Leary, interviewed by Playboy, announced that LSD was the most powerful aphrodisiac ever discovered. "Let me put it this way," he said, "compared with sex under LSD, the way you have been making love -- no matter how ecstatic the pleasure you think you get from it is like making love to a department-store-window dummy. "The three inevitable goals of the LSD session are to discover and make love with God, to discover and make love with yourself, and to discover and make love with a woman."

dulcy

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2008, 09:15:13 AM »
to discover and make love with yourself,
I've been doing that for years without using LSD.  ;)

tide

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2008, 05:19:13 PM »

to discover and make love with yourself,

I've been doing that for years without using LSD.  ;)

Cleo

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2008, 06:23:56 PM »

If you're not gay, a druggie, a fag hag or a whore, don't even think about going to Crobar -- you'll be treated as a nuisance.

crobar appears to be like law school

LOL r e g g i e ;)