Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What can you do to push and motivate yourself?  (Read 34802 times)

inconclusive

• View Profile
Re: What can you do to push and motivate yourself?
« Reply #100 on: July 20, 2006, 06:59:15 PM »

klinex

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2006, 06:12:58 AM »
great

homosexual congress

• View Profile
Re: BETWEEN A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE
« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2006, 07:53:05 PM »

Discussing your penis in court doesn't stay funny for long

[...]

In the single most surreal sequence of the trial, Officer Manning bragged that he knew all about the flexibility of uncircumcised penises because he used to play baseball for the Atlanta Braves (he was a 1999 draft pick later sidelined by a knee injury) and frequently showered with players from Colombia and Central America who not only had foreskins but were frequently "silly" with them. Manning told the prosecutor he saw players pull down their foreskins and dance around for as long as 20 minutes. Schneir wasn't going to let this one go. "I'm a little confused," she said disingenuously. "I was always led to believe that men in showers go to great lengths not to look at each other's penises, and you're telling me you looked for 20 minutes?"

Members of the jury started guffawing. Manning said sheepishly that he hadn't exactly looked for 20 minutes. So Schneir asked him how long he had looked for 15 minutes, 10 minutes, 5 minutes? Eventually, Manning said he'd looked at one penis for one minute. Schneir deadpanned: "Okay, we're all dying to know: whose penis was it?" For all the courtroom humor, from here on out the trial started slipping out of the grasp of the defense. The deputy district attorney suggested the only way to resolve the circumcision question was to have Harrell re-examined by a medical professional. Harrell told the court he'd had quite enough people looking at his penis and refused. The judge, Deirdre Hill, then instructed the jury that they were free to interpret this refusal as a form of self-incrimination. 

[...]

Hahaha, this is so funny!
If all Jews are bankers, then how can they be Communists too?

jason1114

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2006, 12:02:53 AM »
I go back to my full time job everyday and think 'God, I can't do this for the rest of my life'...

My last day is this Friday  ;D

manilafullof

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2006, 03:13:19 AM »
wow

vault

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2006, 01:11:38 AM »

Too bad, a glass of wine a day is good for you.  Far healthier than a lot of the additives in your food, anyway.

The people most likely to abuse alcohol are about mid-20s to early 30s single males making about $100,000 annually. They use alcohol to network. It has become culturally accepted in terms of relaxing and kicking back with your colleagues. They've learned to use it as an acceptable means of solving their problems.

People who go into law have personality type Type A, are hyperactive, hypomanics. They have a grandiosity and ... are risk-takers by nature. This risk on a daily basis is what keeps them focused. It also puts them more at risk for drugs and alcohol -- a lot of people use amphetamines and cocaine to get through a day. There are individuals who use cocaine to stay up during the day and smoke marijuana to go to sleep at night.
Here we go again!

zarathustra

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2006, 05:56:34 AM »

Crushed and snorted, they give a rush similar to cocaine, said Dr. Neil Capretto, medical director at Gateway Rehabilitation Center. "It's a double-edged sword," Capretto said. "It's become a popular drug of abuse among kids." Adderall, in particular, has emerged as the drug-of-the-moment, students and health experts said. "It's a huge asset if someone wants to spend 12 hours studying without fatigue," Heiligenstein said.

Another widely-abused prescription pill: Oxycontin

Oxycontin abusers either crush the tablet and ingest or snort it or dilute it in water and inject it. Crushing or diluting the tablet disarms the timed-release action of the medication and causes a quick, powerful high. Abusers have compared this feeling to the euphoria they experience when taking heroin. In fact, in some areas, the use of heroin is overshadowed by the abuse of OxyContin.

Drug users sometimes crush Oxycontin tablets and snort or inject the powder for a heroin-like high.

Two factors set OxyContin abuse apart from other prescription drug abuse. First, OxyContin is a powerful drug that contains a much larger amount of the active ingredient, oxycodone, than other prescription pain relievers. By crushing the tablet and either ingesting or snorting it, or by injecting diluted Oxycontin, abusers feel the powerful effects of the opioid in a short time, rather than over a 12-hour span. Oxycontin abusers may use heroin if their insurance will no longer pay for their OxyContin prescription, because heroin is less expensive than Oxycontin that is purchased illegally.

10mg : $1.25 : $5-10
20mg : $2.30 : $10-20
40mg : $4.00 : $25-40
80mg : $6.00 : $65-80