Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What can you do to push and motivate yourself?  (Read 34933 times)

carrie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What can you do to push and motivate yourself?
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2005, 12:36:55 AM »
Isn't that a little extreme?

I haven't heard any stories of law students committing suicide.  Though I'm sure it's happened!

Suicide?

NoelleMyBelle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2005, 01:05:10 AM »
Oh, I don't know anyone who had, I just thought it would be more stupid than drug use.  And yes, I agree that drug use is like a really slow suicide.  Or sometimes fast, depending on the circumstances. 

Drugs are bad. I'd never do drugs.  (Does anyone remember "Penny" from when we were little...Saturday morning cartoons...she had a hamster?)

gusrip98

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 01:34:39 PM »
Penny always looked like she was on a bad acid trip
"Never stole a horse from someone I didn't like"

NoelleMyBelle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 11:18:51 PM »
Blasphemy!
Penny always looked like she was on a bad acid trip

finko

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2005, 07:25:00 AM »

Why bother even waking up in the morning if this is all you can contribute to a conversation (virtual or real). though mine is not much better, at least it is informing you that just because you have the ability to use a computer, it doesn't mean you should

Isn't that a little extreme?

I haven't heard any stories of law students committing suicide.  Though I'm sure it's happened!

Suicide?

NoelleMyBelle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2005, 04:52:37 PM »
More keeping people in check?  You're gonna be an awesome parent one day!! :)

finko

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2005, 02:43:26 PM »
sorry darling, I am so bored at work I am reduced to reading a message board I don't even like, and then ridculing people for posting on it.

Seriously though, some people on here are just so naive that it really hurts mean not to put them down. And it is not cause I hate them or anything, it's just I feel so sorry for them that I think if I make them exam their lives even a little bit I will have done something good. I mean read some of this chick Mary's post, she is so good awfully ignorant I really wish I could help her in some way. I mean saying things like "what is stupider than drugs," seriously, who says *&^% like that?

I think I will be a great parent. I will handle it the same way I mange all my employees, through sarcasm, ridicule and shame.  :-*

rapunzel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2005, 10:23:30 PM »
Until your children are driven to despair and commit ritual suicide? 
If the fun you were poking was at least witty, fine.  But it just comes off as if you think you are superior, but you haven't shown me anything to make me agree.  At least be amusing if you must be condescending.

Mary

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2005, 03:14:45 PM »
Wow, I'm glad you're not my parent! :-\

sorry darling, I am so bored at work I am reduced to reading a message board I don't even like, and then ridculing people for posting on it.

Seriously though, some people on here are just so naive that it really hurts mean not to put them down. And it is not cause I hate them or anything, it's just I feel so sorry for them that I think if I make them exam their lives even a little bit I will have done something good. I mean read some of this chick Mary's post, she is so good awfully ignorant I really wish I could help her in some way. I mean saying things like "what is stupider than drugs," seriously, who says *&^% like that?

I think I will be a great parent. I will handle it the same way I mange all my employees, through sarcasm, ridicule and shame.  :-*

SavoyTruffle

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2005, 11:06:32 PM »
Oh, I don't know anyone who had, I just thought it would be more stupid than drug use.  And yes, I agree that drug use is like a really slow suicide.  Or sometimes fast, depending on the circumstances. 

Drugs are bad. I'd never do drugs.  (Does anyone remember "Penny" from when we were little...Saturday morning cartoons...she had a hamster?)

So you don't drink alcohol?  Alcohol is a far more physically and socially dehabilitating drug than marijuana.