Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Re: Who here actually likes the law?  (Read 3559 times)

Smokey Griggs

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Who here actually likes the law?
« on: April 16, 2005, 06:13:57 AM »
if you are now a decent human being, here's what's gonna happen ta yo ass...

yer gonna come to believe that the world is an extremely small place, full of some extremely stupid mothafuckas.  mugs you used to admire and look up to are gonna reveal themselves as retards.  sleeping, eating, shitting, pissing, shopping for groceries, doing laundry, f-ing and masturbating are going to become... nuisances.  time is gonna f-in fly.  yer gonna lose your hair, your male private part is gonna fall off, your puss is gonna dry out and shrivel up.  yer gonna spend entire weekends in your apartment, in your underwear, walking around in small circles, mumbling insane *&^% to yourself like:  'the defendant can implead a third party into the action if the third party is or may be liable to the defendant for some or all of the plaintiff's claim against that defendant.'  yer gonna become immune to tragedy.  all yer friends are gonna start calling you out for an a-hole, and all yer new friends will be the biggest assholes on the planet.  yer gonna become distanced from yer family and friends cause yer gonna be wearing this cynical space cadet helmet with all kinds of scientific analytical contrivances attached to it, and yer gonna find you can't take the f-ing thing off.  all the beauty and innocence that you once perceived is gonna evaporate.  yer gonna lose your trust and faith in mankind, if ya ever had it.  yer gonna want to get a dog just to get the @#!* away from all the humans, but ya ain't gonna have no time fer no dog, so you won't get one.  in sum, don't do it.  go to graduate school to study foreign languages, as many as you can fill yer f-in dome with, and never log into this site again, lol...

if, however, you voted for bush in the last election, you'll no doubt feel right at home.  ignore the above, and sign right on up...

duma

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 12:14:54 PM »
This part is true:
yer gonna become distanced from yer family and friends cause yer gonna be wearing this cynical space cadet helmet with all kinds of scientific analytical contrivances attached to it, and yer gonna find you can't take the f**cking thing off.
My wife told me she got a good "deal" on some fancy plates. I ask, "what is a good deal?" She gave me an answer, and the logic part of my new brain kicked in.... long story short, I have stop thinking like that around ppl.... it gets me into trouble.

Oh, and the very last part is true too.  ;D

SleepyGuyYawn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2005, 01:51:47 PM »
Right...

I didn't vote for bush and either have my friends who're in law school.  And I'm still their friend.  And they haven't gone nuts like you describe.

Just because you can't handle law school doesn't mean everybody goes off the deep end.

You might need some therapy buddy.

bandito

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 07:06:04 PM »
yer gonna lose your trust and faith in mankind, if ya ever had it.

If you have trust and faith in mankind, you're the worst J.D. candidate! Reconsider your choices! IMMEDIATELY!

11,5sep

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 03:36:29 PM »
yer gonna become distanced from yer family and friends cause yer gonna be wearing this cynical space cadet helmet with all kinds of scientific analytical contrivances attached to it, and yer gonna find you can't take the f**cking thing off.  all the beauty and innocence that you once perceived is gonna evaporate.

Looks quite neat to me! I mean, it's "brave new world" all around, why cant law pretend to be just as kinky as everything else?!

shambala

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 10:03:30 PM »
sleeping, eating, shitting, pissing, shopping for groceries, doing laundry, f**cking and masturbating are going to become... nuisances.  time is gonna f**ckin fly.  yer gonna lose your hair, your male private part is gonna fall off, your puss is gonna dry out and shrivel up. 

lol ... so funny ...

jebus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 10:29:27 AM »
Right...

I didn't vote for bush and either have my friends who're in law school.  And I'm still their friend.  And they haven't gone nuts like you describe.

Just because you can't handle law school doesn't mean everybody goes off the deep end.

You might need some therapy buddy.

I hear you can pick up a sense of humor on Ebay now...

Janna116

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2005, 01:03:34 AM »
Hilarious, if you don't think this is funny, save this post, go to law school, finish one semester and then read this again...you'll be laughing you a$$ off.... and I have a dog and during exams I found myself saying things to her like, "you'll love me even if I only barely pass this class," or reading Federal Rules of Civil Procedure to her.  Her little furry head would look at me and cock to one side and I would say, "Yeah me either Penny, me either."  You don't have to need therapy to lose your mind in law school...it just happens....
It is never too late to be what you might have been. - George Eliot

3Ldude

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 12:42:08 AM »
Just drink more and it all becomes ok

SleepyGuyYawn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2005, 11:38:30 AM »
Thank you!  Finally some sense.  I'll be a 1L soon, and I've been telling people for months that any stress in life is simple if you follow three little words: Pabst Blue Ribbon.

That's all -- easy as pie. And the earlier in the day, the better this advice seems to be ;)