Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Housing  (Read 7452 times)

Groovyju

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Housing
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 03:08:35 PM »
Hey everyone, just thought I'd share what someone at the admissions office told me when I called about housing info.  I guess towards the end of May, they'll send out a list aerv with all entering students so that everyone can try finding rommates.  Also, in july they have a housing conference where people can go look for different places and people can meet other roomates.  He also said that people often get scared and think that they need to look for housing now, but in the D.C. area, you really don't need to start looking more than a month before.  He said that June would be the earliest we all need to start looking because the good places don't come up on listings until mid-summer.  Hope this helps!

larkin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 10:06:45 AM »
Thanks for the info! 

zwla

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 08:12:13 AM »
hi, this discussion is helpful. i shall probably be joining au as an llm graduate student in fall 2005. im a 22 year-old female from kenya and concerned to find accommodation that is close to wcl campus and cheap but not tacky(!). if you have any suggestions please contact me at zwla@zwla.co.zw or here. i am not too keen on the idea of room-mates, however i am open to the suggestion of sharing a flat with another student from august 2005. please be in touch if you have any helpful information. thanks.

HoyaParanoia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2005, 04:19:15 PM »
As someone who has lived in 4 different apartments/houses in 6 years here in DC, you really should not be worried about finding a place.  This city is built around students and professionals who stay here for a few years and move on, so there's plenty of last-minute housing available.

Beyond what American gives you (hadn't even gone to their site yet), check out:

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/class/classifieds.html
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/apa/

and this site, which integrates the craigslist posts into google maps, its a great idea: 
http://www.paulrademacher.com/housing/

weinmatt

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2005, 11:27:04 PM »
Throwing my hat out there... joining all of you at AU (full timer) in the fall.

If any of you who need any help finding housing in DC, I'd be happy to give suggestions or any information -- life long DC'er here, so I know all the ins and outs of the good neighborhoods and bad, and "how long" it actually takes to get somewhere on the METRO (which, is actually quite a while).

Craigslist is pretty good. There is alot of opportunity there, just be careful.

My e-mail address is in my profile -- or my AIM is smatterbrain. Drop a line. I'd be happy to talk to you anyhow :)