Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What was the hardest thing about your 1L?  (Read 15609 times)

dontaskdontell

• View Profile
Re: What was the hardest thing about your 1L?
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2005, 03:10:16 PM »
People I had to hang with ... one or two jackass professors ...

LOL shambala! ;)

DaveWHall

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2005, 06:56:17 PM »
I had trouble determining what I should include in my outline and what was safe to leave out.  This was especially difficult 1st semester when I hadn't had any law school exams yet.  With the massive amount of material for each class, plus legal writing papers, it was also difficult finding time to outline.  I got them done each semester prior to finals, but it was stressful at times.  If you're a 1L I recommend starting them early and updating them weekly. It also helps to get some from 2Ls or 3Ls who had the same prof. to use as a guide.  One mistake I made 1st semester was including too much detailed information about the cases.  Really all you need is a sentence or two about the facts to refresh your memory and the rule, and some cases may not even be important enough to include. I discovered an easy way to add case info. to my outlines.  I bought High Court Case Summaries not only for the briefs, but for the mini fact and rule statements that are included with each case. I could quickly and easily copy those into my outline. 

I liked the High Court Case Summaries, they are better than the casebooks in my opinion. Most 2nd and 3rd year students barely read the  casebook at all.

arioso

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2005, 01:07:20 AM »

the lousy parties law students throw

prongthong

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2005, 03:02:41 AM »
Were it not for the rudeness and the bitchy attitude students have to adopt, law school would be very easy.

joe

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2005, 10:50:30 AM »
Hahahahha! I second that!

the lousy parties law students throw

onfut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2005, 08:44:23 PM »
You don't want to hang out with other students -- in fact, I can't stand my classmates during the time I am attending classes, I just can't imagine going to parties with them!

marketster

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2005, 08:46:25 PM »
Law students want pretty much to eat each-other. Beacuse they are in fierce competition with one-another (courtesy of the artificially introduced forced curve) they tend to disregard their empathy and cooperative aspects of their personality.
"Don't like gay marriage? Don't get one!"

lwr

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2005, 03:54:59 PM »
Law students want pretty much to eat each-other. Beacuse they are in fierce competition with one-another (courtesy of the artificially introduced forced curve) they tend to disregard their empathy and cooperative aspects of their personality.

In the real world, say in a big law firm, the atmosphere is not like that. It's the law school that is the most challenging time period of lawyers' life.

COrox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2005, 08:53:12 PM »
Wow. This is so not my school.  But then again, the collegial environment is why I chose to attend. 

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2005, 04:24:26 PM »
Wow. This is so not my school.  But then again, the collegial environment is why I chose to attend. 

I agree with COrox.  What school are you at?  My school is nothing like this...
Attending: Texas