School Specific Boards > John Marshall

where to live?

(1/1)

Wischme502:
I am seriously looking at John Marshall for this fall. Just want to know where i would be able to find a place to buy. Where do most of the students live? A lot downtown?

JManning:
It is impractical to live downtown, the el takes you right to school.  Search the pre-law board for posts, there are a slew of them regarding Chicago housing.

6mcdanie:
I realize this is an old post, but for anyone currently looking for housing when they attend The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, the school's online housing guide might help: http://www.jmls.edu/admission/HousingGuide2007_files/frame.html.

jeffislouie:
I am applying to Marshall, but I can tell you there are plenty of places to live in the area.
I recommend River West, West Loop, South Loop, Ukranian Village, Bucktown, Wicker Park, Lincoln Park, and Jefferson Park, in that order.
I've lived in the city proper for 8 years now - there is plenty out there.
I rent in River West and pay $850 a month, and that includes a garage.  There are loads of apartments within walking distance to public trans in that price range.  I can be at JMLS in 20 minutes by public trans, maybe less.
Best of luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version