Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is New York Law School good?  (Read 3915 times)

alero

• View Profile
Is New York Law School good?
« on: April 14, 2005, 12:44:14 PM »
I am just curious about New York Law School's LLM Tax program. Is it good? Do people get jobs post-LLM?
I am just wondering....everyone talks about NYU's Tax program but what about NYLS? Pls provide any info
that you may have about the program because I am interested in applying and I need to get my facts right.

Thanks everyone!

sgh

• View Profile
Re: Is New York Law School good?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 04:55:08 PM »
Maybe we hear much more about NYU's tax LLM program b/c it has been around for many years -- NYLS's tax LLM program, on the other hand, is only a few years old. 

I took a summer school class in NYLS's LLM program and it was terrific -- the professor was wonderful, as well.  I hope this helps. 

jdohno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is New York Law School good?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 11:50:33 PM »
You should go to the Tax Talent site and look in their career forum. They discuss various LLM programs a lot in that forum. An LLM is expensive. You want to go to the program that has solid connections and reputation. And a program that will help you get you a job after you finish. Everyone talks about NYU's program because it's the best tax program. That being said some of NYU's tax LLMs are having problems finding jobs right after graduation. Even though most are employed about 9 months after graduation. If a NYU tax LLM grad can't get a job right after graduation then the chances for a NYLS grad are even worse. A law or accounting firm will take a NYU tax LLM grad any day over a bottom tier school's LLM. If you can't get into NYU's LLM program, apply to Georgetown, Florida, Northwestern and Boston. Try to get into the best program you can get into. The only exception is if you are at a firm and they are picking up the tab for your LLM.

I am just curious about New York Law School's LLM Tax program. Is it good? Do people get jobs post-LLM?
I am just wondering....everyone talks about NYU's Tax program but what about NYLS? Pls provide any info
that you may have about the program because I am interested in applying and I need to get my facts right.

Thanks everyone!