Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Attending!  (Read 13723 times)

mm

• View Profile
Re: Attending!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2005, 09:40:57 PM »
Yep - its Syracuse for me.  I have a few waitlists, but i am not really interested in them.  Thanks for the info on housing.  I was thinking about living in Slocum Heights, but hearing how expensive it is, I may rethink that. 

I will be old compared to both of you - I will be 27 in two weeks!

ILoveNY - I think a lot of people will be in the same boat as you (moving here all by yourself).  While I will be closer to home, i will also not know anyone! 

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2005, 10:24:23 PM »
I'm 24 (will be 25 in oct( and i'm probalby attending syracuse. I'm on waitlists that i actualy would love to get off of but i dont' think it will happen. I am visitng the 'cuse on Friday for their admitted students day. Hope I love it :)  I do love the orange guy.  I also will not know anyone and am moving from PHilly to syracuse. i too will be closer to where I grew up in VT but it's still 5 hours away and four hours from my boyfriend in philly. I am so excited about law school tho so I think it will be worth it. Right now I am finished my masters degree in biomedical science and can't wait to get out of the lab :)
I love my philly phanatic :)

mm

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 07:38:34 PM »
ttiwed - I did my undergrad at Queen's University, which is in Canada, about 2 1/2 hours north of Syracuse, in Kingston, Ontario. 

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 08:41:17 PM »
Hi!  I didn't know this thread existed--I was alway roaming the pre-law board.

But I got accepted last week and I will most likely be attending!

I also don't know much about the school besides what I've read from the brochure, but I did talk to a lawyer who went to syracuse about 10 years ago.  I don't know how much things have changed since then, but he didn't have anything negative to say (besides the weather).  He said that the law school community is tight-knit, but big enough to give you a sense of a larger community (aside from, of course, the larger college community as a whole).  He said that the professors made themselves available, and they aren't always out to embarrass you (with the execption on one prof who is no longer there).  He now works for a medium-sized law firm working on personal injuries.  He also said that the elective classes were very inter-disciplinary and graduated with quite a few people with joint degrees.

I was admitted through the LEO program, so I will be moving in a month earlier.  Anybody else doing this?
I will most probably be living in Slocum for the school year.

mm

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 09:07:41 PM »
jolyssa,

Congrats on the acceptance.

Where does this lawyer that you spoke to now practice?

Cheers!

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2005, 09:20:33 PM »
Thanks, same to you.

New York City.

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2005, 10:06:41 PM »
ttiwed-
I went to Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA nad now am a grad student at drexel. I love that orange man pic :)

Where did you go?  Congrat Jolyssa. The only thing is I don't know if I want to work in upstate NY my whole life. Are you guys worreid about that?

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2005, 10:24:47 PM »
I actually want to work in New York City--it's where I work now, where I lived most of my life, where I went to school.  I'm a little concerned about getting a job outside upstate NY too.

Syracuse will be a big change for me.  I went to college in the suburbs (Sarah Lawrence) but it was only a half hour away from the city.  Plus, I'll be leaving my boyfriend in New Jersey.

Argh, bad feeling in my stomach.  I'm a little hesitant to leave NYC.

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2005, 10:27:05 PM »
Jolyssa-
I feel your pain. I'm leaving my boyfriend in philly and i hate thinking about it.  I hate change in general and to move...But we'll be OK.  This is a great opportunity for us.  I am in a city right now for three years and went to college in the suburbs. I am so ready for the suburbs again!!! The cold may suck tho!

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2005, 10:40:52 PM »
getting a job outside of upstate ny is my number 1 concern about syracuse.  im in cali and will have to move accross the country.  I really like everything else about the school.