Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Attending!  (Read 13845 times)

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilstepho
    • View Profile
    • Email
Attending!
« on: April 14, 2005, 09:06:33 AM »
Is anyone else going to Syracuse in the fall?
Syracuse it is!!!!! .. all the way from sunny southern Alabama ...

RoniDeutch

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Attending!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 10:50:43 PM »
i wish...i applied nov. 1st and still havent heard anything. what are you numbers and when were you accepted. BTW...congratulations!!1

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 02:51:05 PM »
I just got accepted yesterday. I am probably going cause my other choice is Dickinson and i didn't like it that much.  I hope to like syracuse. I really love the orange guy :) hehe.  I am just scared cause the board says profs are aloof.
I love my philly phanatic :)

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 04:27:49 PM »
i wish...i applied nov. 1st and still havent heard anything. what are you numbers and when were you accepted. BTW...congratulations!!1

Thank you!!
I applied January 11th, went complete on February 4th, and got accepted on February 13th.  I've got a 3.473 GPA and a 155 LSAT

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2005, 04:28:42 PM »
i'll be attending syracuse as well. are you guys planning on living in slocum heights apartments?

No, I'm not. If you average out the cost of living there, it's more thana thousand dollars a month. You can get an apartment of campus for almost half that cost!

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 06:17:43 PM »
Quick question for all of those attending or want to attend.  Do any of you want to work outside upstate ny after grad?  and if so, are you worried about getting a job outside that region?  Its my main concern about attending.

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 08:32:30 AM »
i'll be attending syracuse as well. are you guys planning on living in slocum heights apartments?

No, I'm not. If you average out the cost of living there, it's more thana thousand dollars a month. You can get an apartment of campus for almost half that cost!

that's crazy, especially in a city like syracuse. so have you found a place to live yet?

did anyone here get a scholarship from syracuse? if so, what were your numbers and how much did they offer you?

I haven't found an apartment yet, but I'll be going back in June or July to take care of that. I live in Alabama right now, so it's difficult for me to take care of all of that stuff!

I got an $8,000 scholarship .. not much, but every little bit counts!  My numbers are up a few threads above ...

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 09:35:04 AM »
Unfortunately, I own almost enough furniture to fill an entire house so yes, I'm going to rent a uhaul and take it all with me! I don't see any sense in renting a furnished apartment when I've paid my share of money for the furniture that I own.

When are you planning to move?

mm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 09:45:58 PM »
ttiwed

Have you visited the place?  How far is it from campus?  Do you know if it is mostly students?

Cheers!

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 08:12:25 AM »
i think i'll be moving in early august. i'm considering living here:

http://www.orangehousing.com/jeffersontower/index.html

i'm just curious... where did you go for undergrad and how old are you?

I'm 21 (will turn 22 right before school starts) and I am about to graduate from Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama.  I'm leaving basically everything (and everyone) I have ever known and moving 2000 miles away! wow .. just got kind of nervous!  :o