Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any decided future Seminoles?  (Read 12130 times)

gerheimj

Re: Any decided future Seminoles?
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2005, 03:05:41 PM »
Well you get to put down preferences.  I would suggest #1) Fla. Towers but only if you can get the building closest to the law school because the other is next to Potbelly's (a sometimes loud bar).  The chances of that is probably slim I was told.  You could however choose Fla. Towers and the "bad" building but try to get as far away from the bar as you could (if that makes sense).  #2) Collegewood - almost as nice as Fla. Towers and with the most law students.  Last - Florida Towers - also nice.

As for me I think I will actually be living in an apartment above the Leasing Office.  I was about to put these choices down for myself until I saw this apartment. I believe there are only two. I would see if the other is taken. I just loved mine when I saw it.

Look forward to meeting everyone

Ordack

• Duck beh farsi chi misheh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2005, 05:14:53 PM »
Well you get to put down preferences.  I would suggest #1) Fla. Towers but only if you can get the building closest to the law school because the other is next to Potbelly's (a sometimes loud bar).  The chances of that is probably slim I was told.  You could however choose Fla. Towers and the "bad" building but try to get as far away from the bar as you could (if that makes sense).  #2) Collegewood - almost as nice as Fla. Towers and with the most law students.  Last - Florida Towers - also nice.

As for me I think I will actually be living in an apartment above the Leasing Office.  I was about to put these choices down for myself until I saw this apartment. I believe there are only two. I would see if the other is taken. I just loved mine when I saw it.

Look forward to meeting everyone

I looked at the ones above the leasing office...I probably walked through yours as the other one is currently rented. They were very nice, with the built in bookshelves and such.  I was considering renting the other one, but I liked the kitchens much better in the Florida Towers and Collegewood units.  I like to cook, so that matters to me.  Those units above the leasing office are definitely nice though. 

Regarding the potbelly's situation.  I currently live across the street from a music venue that gets kind of loud from time to time, it hasn't really bothered me much, so I wouldn't care too much if I got a FT unit that backed up to potbelly's.  I will probably  be doing most of my studying at school anyway.  However, I am sure that this is a issue for most people.

I too look forward to meeting everyone. 

gerheimj

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2005, 09:42:11 AM »
Ya the kitchen isn't great for someone who likes to cook, (i mean really cook).  But for a guy like me who just needs a stove, oven and microwave, its all i need. 

I was told Potbelly's is only loud from time to time which I guess I could handly.  It was just the fact that you don't get to pick those times.  What if I really needed to study that night, or get some sleep?  I love to sleep. haha

southbound

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2005, 12:39:32 PM »
Is anyone else looking to buy a house?  Seems like a cheap mortgage in Tally will be comparable to rent...

Shardik

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2005, 09:02:38 AM »
Hey guys, got my phone call yesterday!  ;D
Could not be happier with my decision as FSU is a great school and close to home.

southbound, i bought my house as a ugrad and i will seriously consider it again this time around. (or maybe a mobile home if there are some nice parks)

Lilli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2005, 07:33:07 PM »
Has anybody heard of any apartments that take large dogs?

southbound

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2005, 08:58:52 PM »
Has anybody heard of any apartments that take large dogs?

At apartments.com you can search for pet restrictions.  I think there is even a little check box for "large dogs."

cbill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2005, 12:22:43 PM »
Are any of you guys signed up for the roommate program with FSU?

Shardik

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2005, 12:56:03 PM »
I went with Jefferson Arms.  Small yes but they take semester contracts and i can reconsider in Dec. if i want to stay or not.

vixierat

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2005, 02:04:26 PM »
I went with Jefferson Arms.  Small yes but they take semester contracts and i can reconsider in Dec. if i want to stay or not.

I'm supposed to go see them next month. Semester contracts....promising.