Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any decided future Seminoles?  (Read 12089 times)

gerheimj

Any decided future Seminoles?
« on: April 13, 2005, 02:25:15 PM »
I though since there were a few of us that have decided Tallahassee is the place for us next year, we could go ahead and open up this thread to chat, ask and answer questions, or anything else.

Ok, I'll start.   Has anyone out there heard of any places to live?  I have heard about the four places across the street, but anywhere else?

Congrats to all.

bceagle

• View Profile
Re: Any decided future Seminoles?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 03:14:12 PM »
Ill be at FSU in the fall.  Droppin in to say hey.

I ve never been to Tallahassee, but I am looking forward to finding a place to live come the summer.

vixierat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 03:17:43 PM »
I'll be at FSU in the fall. Whoop.

Via google, here is the FSU Yahoo Law School group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSU_Law/

gerheimj

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 03:23:38 PM »
Sent my seat deposit in today. Anyone else yet?  Was wondering if they sent a response letter.   Go noles

Ordack

• Duck beh farsi chi misheh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 09:18:49 PM »
I too have decided to make the move to Tallahassee.  I was down there last week and handed in my seat deposit personally.  I also signed a lease with those apartments across the street.  Anyone else have any housing prospects? Where is everyone else moving from? I look forward to meeting you all this fall. 

ssd2612

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 10:52:51 AM »
Hello everyone,

I just sent in my seat deposit yet, but haven't been down to visit.  Does anyone know of anyone who may need a roomate there?  How are the apartments that you reference across the street?

Ordack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 11:04:41 AM »
Hello everyone,

I just sent in my seat deposit yet, but haven't been down to visit.  Does anyone know of anyone who may need a roomate there?  How are the apartments that you reference across the street?

Perhaps those who actually live there could better comment on this.  I merely took a tour of the facilities. They were, in my opinion, not the newest or nicest (definitely livable though) apartments in Tallahassee, but you can't beat the convenience.  They are literally across the street.  Another thing that current students have told me is that living at these places was a huge part of their first year experience because many other law students live there.  They say living that close to one another is a great way to make friends.  If you check the postings on  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FSU_Law/ there is a little more detailed information about them.

For your reference, if you want to make a phone call and set up an appointment or something, the management company is called Phoenix Property Management.  The complexes that they say are popular among law students are Collegewood and Florida Towers.  I hope that helps...

*Quack*

ssd2612

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 11:13:02 AM »
Yes, it helps a lot, and I just read the postings on yahoo.  Did you happen to see anything there regarding cost because I didn't?

Ordack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 11:18:47 AM »
Yes, it helps a lot, and I just read the postings on yahoo.  Did you happen to see anything there regarding cost because I didn't?

I can tell you, off the top of my head that Collegewood was like $515 a month, and Florida Towers was $615 a month.  There were two or three other buildings which had different units.  Jefferson Towers and Collegewood are exactly the same floorplan and both cost the same.  Go to http://www.tallahassee-apts.com/ for more info.  Hope that helps.

ssd2612

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 11:24:07 AM »
It helps a lot.  Thanks for the tip. Where are you moving from?