Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any decided future Seminoles?  (Read 11766 times)

Ordack

• Duck beh farsi chi misheh?
    • View Profile
Re: Any decided future Seminoles?
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 02:12:05 PM »
New Jersey...how about you?

Also, where is everyone else coming from, and when will they be arriving in Tallahassee.  I should be there the 1st weekend in August.

ssd2612

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 02:37:39 PM »
Where is Jersey?  I'm moving from the city, but I grew up in New Jersey.  It's nice to hear that I won't be the only one from the Northeast down there.

As for timing, that's probably about the time I'll move, although I'm not as far along in my planning as you are.  I just got accepted last week.

ACore

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - atomcore
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2005, 03:06:42 PM »
Sent my seat deposit in today. Anyone else yet? Was wondering if they sent a response letter. Go noles

I paid my seat deposit online, but was never sent a confirmation; however, it lists my balance as zero...maybe you can check FSU's admitted students website to verify that they received your check.

Yes, it helps a lot, and I just read the postings on yahoo.  Did you happen to see anything there regarding cost because I didn't?

I can tell you, off the top of my head that Collegewood was like $515 a month, and Florida Towers was $615 a month. There were two or three other buildings which had different units. Jefferson Towers and Collegewood are exactly the same floorplan and both cost the same. Go to http://www.tallahassee-apts.com/ for more info. Hope that helps.

Those area's don't look too bad. I could see myself living there. The only problem that I see is that the apartments dont come with a washer/dryer. Oh well, you can't beat the convenience.

Also, where is everyone else coming from, and when will they be arriving in Tallahassee. I should be there the 1st weekend in August.

I'll probably be heading up there to check it out sometime late next month. I plan on putting a deposit down on a place sometime in late June or early July. Probably will move up there at the very beginning of August to get my bearings.

Attending: FSU
In: FIU, FSU, Syracuse 
Waitlisted: UM, Penn State
Rejected: Pitt, Stetson

Ordack

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2005, 03:19:48 PM »
Where is Jersey? 

South Jersey...not far from Atlantic City...

vixierat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2005, 03:50:58 PM »
Yes, it helps a lot, and I just read the postings on yahoo.  Did you happen to see anything there regarding cost because I didn't?

There are some shady places that cost around $450. I'm considering looking at them,since $$$ will be tight for me. You have to shop around. I'm going to get the Tally papers and see if some old lady will rent me a room in her house or something similar.

Ordack

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2005, 04:08:23 PM »
There are some shady places that cost around $450. I'm considering looking at them,since $$$ will be tight for me. You have to shop around. I'm going to get the Tally papers and see if some old lady will rent me a room in her house or something similar.

Hey Vixierat, I have a brochure from the Phoenix property place, and they have 2 cheaper options.  College Plaza is $509 a month, and is a 1br. They also have a studio, Jefferson Arms which costs $529 a month, but everything is included, electricity, water, cable, etc.   

ssd2612

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2005, 04:10:13 PM »
It looks like it's possible to save a lot if you can find a roomate (which I know is tough to do not knowing anyone).

I'm in the same boat as you as I'll be on loans and FSU's cost of attendance figures are absurdly low.

vixierat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2005, 04:26:57 PM »

Hey Vixierat, I have a brochure from the Phoenix property place, and they have 2 cheaper options.  College Plaza is $509 a month, and is a 1br. They also have a studio, Jefferson Arms which costs $529 a month, but everything is included, electricity, water, cable, etc.   

Thanks,I'm going to look into Jefferson. That sounds like a sweet deal.

G'luck,folks. Hopefully this won't be a giant pain in the ass for any of us.

gerheimj

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2005, 10:10:02 AM »
All the apartments in across the street are similar in styly, but not in size.  You really should see them for yourself.  Jefferson Arms in a closet size, and along with College Plaza have more diverse (ie. wild, loud, sketchy) tenants from what I was told.  The most popular among law students is of course Collegewood and Florida Towers.  Towers has the largest rooms and is of course the most popular.  Collegewood is good size as is Jefferson Towers.  I would suggest looking at them soon as when I was down there they were getting applications in the dozens.
 just fyi

Ordack

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005, 01:08:24 PM »
All the apartments in across the street are similar in styly, but not in size.  You really should see them for yourself.  Jefferson Arms in a closet size, and along with College Plaza have more diverse (ie. wild, loud, sketchy) tenants from what I was told.  The most popular among law students is of course Collegewood and Florida Towers.  Towers has the largest rooms and is of course the most popular.  Collegewood is good size as is Jefferson Towers.  I would suggest looking at them soon as when I was down there they were getting applications in the dozens.
 just fyi

Which did you choose, if any...out of curiousity