Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Apartments  (Read 3784 times)

gusrip98

• View Profile
    • Email
Apartments
« on: April 10, 2005, 06:02:13 PM »
I visited in January and got to visit about 10 different apartments near the campus.

I have a fiancee and a 9 year old, so my criteria are a little different than most.  I think we are going to go with Emerald Bay in SE St. Pete.

I talked with a student there through this board and she was very informative.  She mentioned that Lynn Lakes was very bad...very bad.  I looked up apartments at www.apartment ratings.com and I was horrified.  There was not much nice to say about any of the apartments near there (so take it with a grain of salt), but Lynn Lakes blew my mind....thanks for the heads up on that one.
"Never stole a horse from someone I didn't like"

gusrip98

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Apartments
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 02:50:26 PM »
So..we are definately in at Emerald Bay Apartments.  I just talked to them today and they said they are offering 5% off the rent to Stetson Law students.  If anyone is thinking about applying, PM me so you can use me as a referral.
"Never stole a horse from someone I didn't like"

stetson p/t blues

• View Profile
Re: Apartments
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 11:00:52 PM »
Here is the scoop about Stetson's part-time program.  Many part-time students are having severe problems with getting classes to fit into their schedule.  So many problems that the dean scheduled meetings next week with the part-time classes to explain why they are not offering many evening classes.  Many part-time students are being forced to take classes that do not interest them, but have to because the class fits their schedule. 
Also, Stetson likes to brag about its new downtown Tampa campus but dont buy into it.  Stetson will only allow a student, part-time or full-time, to take a maximum of 15 credits hours at the Tampu campus.  The rest of your 88 credits hours is in Gulfport.  Not to mention the administration has no respect for the students.  During the reading period for exams in May, the Tampa campus was rented out to the public for a loud, drunken party with a live band on a Friday night.  The library was full with students studying for an exam the next morning.  Imagine attending a law school that allows drunken parties during final exams just outside the library.  Also, if you are conducting a visit check out the binder on the counter in the registar office.  It is the wait-list for the fall semester.  You will see the list of students who are having problems getting the classes they want.