Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LEEWS--when to start?  (Read 3714 times)

jdohno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LEEWS--when to start?
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 10:40:29 PM »
In my experience, people who don't usually do well with Leews either didn't do the program properly, did the program late or didn't tweak the program to their professor preference (if their professor had one). Throughtout Leeews, the author states that once you have the framework down you can adjust it to your professor's preference. I did it with my Ks exams because my professor wanted the exams to be written in a memo format. I did the exam in a memo format but I still used the writing structure in Leews, etc. I posted my professor's reaction to my exam answer in another post. Needless to say, he was pleased.

These links to the lawsutdentparadise.com discussion on LEEWS are the polar opposite of everything I've read on this site about LEEWS.  Are these people just bitter because the bit-the-weiner and are looking for a scapegoat?  Or, did LEEWS really screw them up?

zilla

• View Profile
Re: LEEWS--when to start?
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2005, 04:42:27 PM »
just wanted to add my thoughts on LEEWS: do it. sign up and take it your first semester if possible. I took it, made law review and was #3 in my class. The seminar itself was the most valuable -- i didn't practice the method as much as the course recommended, but just by learning the techniques in the seminar I came out ahead.
i just pulled out my book from the course to refresh now that i'm studying for the bar. I took the course with about 5 other people in my section, and all of us wound up in the top 15% of the class first year.