Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anyone decided on american for '05?  (Read 15797 times)

larkin

• View Profile
anyone decided on american for '05?
« on: April 08, 2005, 10:51:37 AM »
i would be happy to speak to anyone going to american in the fall as i will be doing the same.

AllisonAzee

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - AllisonAzee
    • View Profile
Re: anyone decided on american for '05?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 02:29:58 AM »
Hey, I'm 90% sure I'm going.  Think I'm sending in the deposit Monday and moving to DC from California, ahhh
Time to commit: American
They like me: American, Loyola, Santa Clara, U of OR, U of Hawaii
They love me ($):Pepperdine, U of SF, Northeastern, Seattle, Lewis and Clark
Aren't ready to commit: U of Wisconsin, U of Maryland
B@stards won't return my calls: U of San Diego
F#ckers: Hastings

larkin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 12:18:09 PM »
Seriously?  From Cali to DC, huh?  I was actually debating this the other way around (concerning Hastings), until I got into the second half of the JD/MA program at American.  I wouldn't sweat it though; DC is a nice place to study, especially as a grad student. 

What made you decide on American? 

Groovyju

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 10:59:42 PM »
i'm about 95% sure about American...making the final decision after I hear about Brooklyn's financial aid package.

1LBored

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 12:06:09 AM »
Hey, I'm 90% sure I'm going.  Think I'm sending in the deposit Monday and moving to DC from California, ahhh
Congratulations on the decision, let me know if you have any questions about adjusting from  SoCal to D.C. (no beaches nearby :(, I do plan on exploring what they've got - all 2-3 hour drives away - this summer).

AllisonAzee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 01:29:12 AM »
Seriously?  From Cali to DC, huh?  I was actually debating this the other way around (concerning Hastings), until I got into the second half of the JD/MA program at American.  I wouldn't sweat it though; DC is a nice place to study, especially as a grad student. 

What made you decide on American? 

Before I went to visit the school I was basically making my decision on where I wanted to live and the reputation of the school and not much else.  None of the schools were really blowing me away, I like Northeastern because it was so different, but didn't want to live in Boston and it was significantly lower ranked than American and Loyola.  So basically I was left with Loyola, which was fine, but I was a bit underwhelmed.  When I went to American I saw all these things I wanted to do and there just seemed to be so much going on.  Also things I didn't think I'd get a chance to do at Loyola or Northeastern.  I liked the school enough to move from CA and that's a lot, but I think ultimately if the school is right for me I'll do better there.  Not too mention enjoy it alot more.  Also it's really diverse and I've travelled and lived abroad a lot so I thought that environment would make me feel more at home.

AllisonAzee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 01:31:30 AM »
Congratulations on the decision, let me know if you have any questions about adjusting from  SoCal to D.C. (no beaches nearby :(, I do plan on exploring what they've got - all 2-3 hour drives away - this summer).

Cool, thanks, yeah I'm already trying to figure out how to get out there and whether to bring all my stuff ahh, I may be having a massive garage sale.

1LBored

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 11:39:34 AM »

Cool, thanks, yeah I'm already trying to figure out how to get out there and whether to bring all my stuff ahh, I may be having a massive garage sale.
I drove my car out packed to the brim with whatever I could fit. 3.5 days on the road by myself...I dont plan on doing that again anytime soon. Books on tape kept me sane though.

larkin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 12:35:30 AM »

When I went to American I saw all these things I wanted to do and there just seemed to be so much going on.  Also things I didn't think I'd get a chance to do at Loyola or Northeastern.  I liked the school enough to move from CA and that's a lot, but I think ultimately if the school is right for me I'll do better there.  Not too mention enjoy it alot more.  Also it's really diverse and I've travelled and lived abroad a lot so I thought that environment would make me feel more at home.

I agree with on the fact that if you like a school you'll probably do better there.  Hopefully that doing better means gradewise, but also, and perhaps more importantly in the grand scheme of things (whatever that might be).  But you know what I mean...maybe...

So that makes three of us so far?  Have either one of you thought about where you are planning to live?  Or looked into it?  I know it's kind of early, but I was just wondering because I was casually checking places out -- online that is.  (By the way I went to school in DC for a year before I left, so I have some (really) vague notions about places to live.)

I sort of feel like this thread is my responsibility now that I have started it.  But if anyone want to ask me anything, fire away.

AllisonAzee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 01:40:42 AM »
I think for first year as we can't park on campus I want to live as close as possible to the school even though it is apparently a really boring part of town.  I would love to live in walking distance if possible.  I've never lived alone (and I have a pretty serious fear of someone breaking into my house) so I'd like to live hopefully in a house or condo with some roommates, hopefully law or grad students.