Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OSU 1L  (Read 9289 times)

Il Stupido

• View Profile
Re: OSU 1L
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2005, 10:54:55 PM »
I'm leaning towards OSU and just wanted to say "Hi!"

I've been in Ohio most of my life. I just don't think i can turn down the money for OSU.

I'm looking at places a bit north and west of campus. Looked at Grandview today.....nice place, very college-y, but not quite what I'm looking for. What else are you guys finding, and at what prices?

My fiance and I have looked at a number of developments along Kenny Road near Henderson and Bethel. We've been looking at all the 2 BR townhouses, most of which run in the 600-650/mo. Some of these places have standard apartments too (Governor's Square is the only one I can remember off the top of my head) but I don't remember what the prices were like.
Accepted: Ohio State, Georgetown, GW
Waitlisted: Michigan, Virginia

BlueLight

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 08:56:55 AM »
I will also be attending moritz this fall.  I am planning on moving out there at the beginning of August.  Just wanted to keep the thread alive.  Look forward to meeting everyone. 

ct_rdr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2005, 04:11:50 PM »
Just updating...........

I am currently looking for places to live and am looking for roommate(s). I can't find any good places to find others looking for roommates, so maybe you guys can help. Is there a website that has law students searching for roommates?

I'm a girl, but will live with either guys or girls. I am looking in Clintonville, Victorian Village, and Grandview, and am looking at houses, condos, townhomes, and duplexs (essentially something with a bit of room). I would like a non-smoker, but beyond that I am flexible. I can't pay more than $400/month in rent.

Do you guys know of anything?

Argyle Boots

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2005, 05:28:08 PM »
ct_rdr - I PM'd you about roommate stuff at OSU.

Thanks!
Deciding between OSU($) and UCinci($)

knowles39

• View Profile
Re: OSU 1L - Looking for Roommate to Share Quarry Apartment
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2005, 12:23:29 PM »
Hey Everyone!

I just came across this message board.  I am beginning graduate school at OSU in Fall 2005 and am looking for a roommate to share a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment at the Quarry apartments (www.livethequarry.com).

I am still finalizing the exact apartment I will be living in, but it will most likely be a Limestone or Amethyst model and combined rent will be approx. $1000-1100/month.  I have a 3rd bedroom Limestone with an excellent view of the lake and close proximity to both clubhouses reserved right now for $1080/month. 

I am a female '03 graduate of Indiana University-Bloomington, have been living in Cincinnati working in business for 2 years, am a non-spoker, have no pets, and prefer someone who will keep common areas fairly neat.  I am getting married in June to a husband who is a computer consultant and travels during the week to consulting engagements, so he will be sharing my bedroom most weekends and vacations. 

If you are interested or know of someone who is and/or another board I should be posting this on to reach Moritz students, email me at kimberlyaknowles@hotmail.com or call me at 513-351-2326.

Thanks!

Kimberly Knowles

abomb

• AOL Instant Messenger - smackxcp
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (Abomb's Legalease)
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2005, 01:30:20 PM »
I'm starting at OSU this fall as well. Ironically for the person who wrote this post, I'm also working at Vorys this year, in the Akron office. I've got an apartment set up in Granville, Heritage Apartments. Not the nicest place, but it certainly seems fine for me.

sma187

• AOL Instant Messenger - Brewsky007
    • View Profile
    • My LSN Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2005, 09:51:01 AM »
What are you doing in the Akron office? I am in Bus. Development in Columbus for the summer. I am just out of college, so not too much real world experience yet. What about you, a return to school or simply grinding away for another 3 years?
167/2.93 from Northwestern BA Economics

In: Cinci($), Kentucky($$), WUStL, Tulane, Ohio State
Pending: 12
Rejected:

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=sma187

abomb

• AOL Instant Messenger - smackxcp
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (Abomb's Legalease)
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2005, 10:06:29 AM »
I'm working in the Akron office as their messenger and mailroom person. Basically I just wanted to take a year off from school (I graduated in May 04), wanted to get out on my own for a little bit, but certainly wanted a job that would in some way help make me better prepared for law school. Working here has made me a stronger candidate, especially at OSU, and the lawyers in the Akron office are all amazing. Its a small enough office that they take the time to explain a lot to me, so I've learned a lot about procedure as well as how a law office runs. I take care of all the court filings, I function as the office's process server, and I do a lot of this and that in the office, pretty much just whatever needs done.
Well, I hope to catch up with you in August once we're both down there and at least compare notes on our Vorys experiences. I've been here about a year, and I still enjoy coming to work each day. Anyways, good luck with what you're doing.