Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Going to Ole Miss  (Read 10452 times)

Shardik

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Going to Ole Miss
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 08:39:12 AM »
yeah, they have told me several times that i will get in-state tuition after the first year if i follow the plan;)

- live there for 12 months
- register to vote
- change car tag
- get drivers licenses
- show proof of that 12 months (anything from bank deposits to grocery receipts)

I need to travel that way again (about 8 hours for me) so that i can scope out some apartments.  Has anyone found a good deal yet?  Parking seems like a real hassle on campus so i want to stay close.

thanks guys!

ch537

• AOL Instant Messenger - ch537
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 11:07:01 AM »
Hey, another illinois person.   You from illinois then? or just went to school in Rockford, but are from Miss? 
   I found an apartment at the cove.  It is fairly close to campus, about .6miles i think, and it is cheap 425 for a single.   but it is one of the older apartments around there, and while it fits me fine, i think some students want to live a bit nicer.   but if u are looking for cheap and close thats a decent bet... alot of grad students, families and law students live there so it is supposed to be quiet.  I think that there might be some available for august, but you might have to put down a deposit and join a list -- however she said that she thinks they'll be open.   
Accepted: Kentucky, Mississippi (attending)
Pending: Georgia, Georgia State
Rejected: Alabama, Wake Forest
Waitlisted: Vanderbilt, Tennessee
Withdrawn & yet still received a rejection letter a month later: Emory
Withdrawn:  Florida
Undergrad: University of Chicago

mjohnson6565

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 11:25:27 AM »
I went to Ole Miss for part of my Undergrad, finishing at Troy State currently. Oxford is a great town. Congrats to those going to Ole Miss
Mess with the bull sometimes you get the Horns

Shardik

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ignorance, the root and the stem of every evil.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 11:53:42 AM »
Hey Go Trojans!   :D

You say your finishing up undergrad at Troy, are you planning to go to law school in the fall?
If so then are you considering UM?

It'd nice to have someone else from good ole TSU (excuse me)  ;) TROY arround

mjohnson6565

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 02:22:17 PM »
I am originally from Memphis, TN but I have lived in Dallas, TX for most of my life. I went back "home" to school at Ole Miss. As far as TSU I am finishing thru the distance learning program. I plan on attending next year but my prefrences would be Texas, Houston, SMU, South Texas and then Ole Miss. Oxford is a great town and the woman are great. Plus Memphis is only a 45 min drive.
Mess with the bull sometimes you get the Horns

pkknecht

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2005, 02:57:29 PM »

Yeah, I'm from Miss. but attended undergrad at Rockford College.  Wierd choice, I know, but they offered me a great scholarship and also gave me a great year studying abroad in London.  Back then, I just wanted to get out of the South and see the rest of the country, but I'm surprised how much I've missed it down here. Anyway, back to the apartments, I have a nice place at Old Taylor Place Apartments, on Old Taylor Road just south of the school, across Highway 6.  I've already signed a lease there for a two bedroom apartment at $595 a month, which includes full cable.  It seems like a nice quiet place that caters mainly to grad students. 

Phillip