Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: So who is going to Hofstra?  (Read 23629 times)

fooseball22

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: So who is going to Hofstra?
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2005, 04:48:04 PM »
I'm a male, but i live with a girl who has a bf right now and there are no problems...but obviously if ur bf is uncomfortable with you having a guy roomate, dont worry about it.

kdeevers

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2005, 04:50:59 PM »
What is there to be amazed by? I don't think I would be comfortable with him living with another female regardless of what stage in his life he is in.  If he said he wouldn't "let me", that is a different story, but I don't see anything wrong with him being uncomfortable with it.

Foose - curiousity...how is the living situation? and how old are you? if you don't mind me asking.

fooseball22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2005, 05:09:34 PM »
The living situation is pretty good.  I moved in with her and a friend (guy) this past November and its been a smooth ride.  No one has had grievances towards anyone else, but we’re all pretty easy going people.  The only real issue is that she’s kind of a lame-o and isn’t that fun to hang around with…but I guess that’s my fault for being so awesome :).  We're all 23 by the way.

kdeevers

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2005, 06:53:11 PM »
lol at Mr. Awesome's modesty  ;D I'm 25.  I graduated in 02 and have been working for a small firm in Westchester for over 2 years now.  I have learned all I can learn from the job and I am so ready to leave and start the next phase of my life.  So as a Long Islander, what do you think of the area where the campus is located?

sexonthebeach

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2005, 08:23:12 PM »
If people are looking for apartment roommates, I'm definitely interested.  I'm 21 and female.  No objection to living with guys - I've lived with guys for the past year and a half, and my boyfriend is more or less used to it by this point. 

fooseball22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2005, 08:47:03 PM »
Yea, i graduated last year and i've been working at a firm in manhattan.  The area around the school isnt what you'd call 'great'.  Thats the reason why im leaning towards living on campus, plus i do not know if i want to have to worry about commuting during 1L (long island is known for its horrible traffic).  You have the nassau colliseum really close so you can go to games if ur bored, theres roosevelt mall(big), which is also really close...ur also relatively close to jones beach and the jones beach ampitheater(a very cool place to see concerts).  In terms of safety, i wouldnt walk around hempstead turnpike at night by myself, but you could also say that in manhattan (i almost got robbed once there!).  But i mean, will you be wondering around at night alot?  probably not, so i mean, i wouldnt worry to much about it. 

On a completely side note, if me you and sexonthebeach lived in the same house we'd be like that TV show on ABC, but instead of med students we'd be law students...awesome.

kdeevers

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2005, 09:25:58 PM »
I think I'm becoming obsessed with checking this discussion board...lol

And the ratings for our show would be MUCH higher because lawyers are WAY more interesting than doctors!

I've heard the parking is horrible too.  I will probably have a car, but it would be great to have the walking option too. 

Do you like the firm you are working for now?  Possible summer employment?  I know I could always come back to the firm I am working at in Westchester, but I wouldn't want to.  I'm planning to leave there in July so I can have some time off before classes start.

fooseball22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2005, 10:08:46 PM »
yea, i've slowly become addicted to this board, but i try to limit it to when im at work...posting this late at night is a new step in my addiction (fortunately i havent started getting the shakes yet). 

The firm i work at now is small and is specialized, so im kinda bored with the work right now and i've hit the first year 'rut', so its like torture sitting at my desk sometimes.  I def. doubt i would try to work there again over the summer, i'd rather grab a job elsewhere.  I'm also taking off in July and intend on traveling as much as possible in august!

In order for our show to really take off i think one of us has to be a hipster, another has to be addicted to something(LSD message board maybe?) and the other one has to be in a band...this would make for an uber drama/hip/comedy show that would rock the nelson ratings.  Also, my character gets to be awesome.   

kdeevers

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2005, 10:24:21 PM »
Yeah...it's like drinking alone...first sign of addiction posting at this time of night...lol

Traveling sounds great.  I just got back from a cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel Mexico and had the most amazing time.  I did not want to come back to the cold NY weather.  I'm still in post vacation mode which does not make sitting for 8 hours at work any easier.  That is where the addiction to this board began due to my utter boredom at work and desire to think of anything else but the files in front of me. ;)

I'm still deciding on my role in the show...I'll get back to you on that one...

Was anyone else sent a T shirt from Hofstra?

fooseball22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2005, 09:03:13 AM »
ugh, the grand caymans are fantastic...i particularly enjoyed playing with the sting rays, who'd have known they're like dogs? 

New perspective on the show: have a friendly neighbor who used to be a law professor and helps us with various problems we may have, personally or academically.  Man, this show practically writes itself.

As for the Tshirt, did they send you like a quadruple XL, b/c mine is like a moo moo...its very emasculating.