Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any current students out there??  (Read 10090 times)

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Any current students out there??
« on: April 03, 2005, 03:43:49 AM »
Curious to know what your experience has been like at South Texas. How are the students, professors and etc?? Would you reccomend STCL to other prospective 1L's??

any info you have would be greatly welcomed! thx  :D
HUSL 1L

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Any current students out there??
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 01:48:16 PM »
ok so no current students. is there anyone out there who's applying or planning on attending South Texas in the fall 05?
HUSL 1L

raeray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 03:16:12 PM »
I will be there in the fall, and have checked this website out and not seen a while lot about it!

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 08:17:05 PM »
yeah you're right. awhile ago there were a couple posts, but there's nothing now. when did you apply and when did u hear back?? i'm still waiting on them and they've my application since Dec. :-\
HUSL 1L

mike82

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 11:45:07 AM »
I will also be attending in the fall. I applied in December and heard back in early March.

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 12:19:31 PM »
congrats! have you already visited the campus? if so what did you think?
HUSL 1L

raeray

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 09:23:55 AM »
I sent in my application late January, heard back in late March. I have been to the campus twice. Once for a information day, and once for a financial aid info day. I am happy with the campus, it is just another dowtown building, it is not a beautiful large campus like some traditional universities have. The library is really nice though. I have friends who went there and really liked it and the location is great. There is a new admitted student day soon, April 30th I think..

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 01:12:52 PM »
Well hopefully I'll hear something soon.I would love to visit. If you don't mind my asking what's so great about it's location? Or are you referring to the Houston area in general?
HUSL 1L

raeray

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 01:27:21 PM »
The location in general, Houston has a lot of great stuff. It is buy a million companies, right downtown, close to the toyota center and minute maid park, just near neat stuff. I would imagine that would be good for internships and connections also, but I am not sure of what all law firms are in the area. do you live in Houston? Or Texas?

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 08:00:18 PM »
No, actually I live in Maryland. But I've been hearing very good things regarding the Houston area as well as South Texas, thats why its become one of my top choices. Did you get a chance to talk with any of the students?
HUSL 1L