Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any thoughts on Toledo?  (Read 22657 times)

Blue

• View Profile
Re: Any thoughts on Toledo?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2005, 11:35:31 PM »
I applied very late in the cycle. Like I said above, found out on Thursday via email that I was in. Today I got a stuffed envelope containing:

acceptance letter
scholarship offer letter and Scholarship Financial Statement
barbeque invitation and reservation form

I'll be heading down (work in A2, live in Milan)there on the 27th. I wonder what percentage of the class is from Michigan.

P.S. For you conspiracy theorists, Carol's signature was the same on all three letters from today and a letter I got about a month ago.  ;)

mcramer

• Me 2005
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2005, 02:59:17 PM »
Hi!

I am attending in the fall and will be around on the 27th for the BBQ. I am coming in from DC. I already got a house within a 5 minute walk from campus and am looking for roommates, if you have not settled on anything. Either way, I am looking forward to meeting everyone...

You can see the add for my house at http://www.megan-cramer.com.  When are you all moving?

Also note, I have spoken to Carol in the admissions office multiple times and she is very helpful. Just give her a ring if you have any questions. She has answered all of my about fin. aid, scholarships, housing, etc.

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2005, 05:25:14 PM »
I am 25 and moving from Michigan (about 1 3/4 hrs away) around August 1, after I get married the week before.  We will be looking for a two bedroom appartment, probably somewhere to the west of the school since this seems like the nicest area.  I will also attend the BBQ this Friday.  I am curious who else is going, anyone?

Comm-Law

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2005, 07:56:50 PM »
Hi all!

I'll be at the picnic on the 27th.  I'm the non-trad law student (read as: the OLD GUY), 33-married-with-two-kids.  I'll be moving in from Illinois and buying a house down in Whitehouse, OH (just a little further away than Maumee).

It's nice to hear that some other LSDers will be there Friday.  We need to figure out a way to meet up Friday in the "real-world" (out from behind the keyboard, avatars, and handles).

- Comm-Law

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2005, 11:11:03 PM »
I agree, we should find a way to meet up.  We could meet 20 min early outside or something, depending on the weather.  I've never actually met a group or individual from cyber space - lol.  Anyway let me know what you all think about a time and place if you're going.  Also, I'm wondering how formal/casual I want to dress.  does BBQ mean jeans and t-shirt, shorts and sandals, dockers and polo, suit???

Ezekiel

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2005, 11:33:28 PM »
The road construction in Toledo is amazing.  I'm awe inspired everytime I drive through it.

Comm-Law

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2005, 10:14:16 AM »
I agree, we should find a way to meet up.  We could meet 20 min early outside or something, depending on the weather.  I've never actually met a group or individual from cyber space - lol.  Anyway let me know what you all think about a time and place if you're going. Also, I'm wondering how formal/casual I want to dress. does BBQ mean jeans and t-shirt, shorts and sandals, dockers and polo, suit???

I realize that the purpose of the BBQ is to give all of the students a chance to meet one another, but I figure that there is some real value in getting the "cyber-space" group together.  I suspect that those of us that have devoted time to LSD or LSN PRIOR to school are probably some of the more devoted students.  Maybe we'll find our little group useful in the future when it comes time to buckle-down and form study groups, etc.

I was also wondering about the dress for Friday.  Anyone have any guesses as to what to wear to the picnic? 

- Comm-Law

Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2005, 10:24:51 AM »
I'm wearing jeans and some type of collared shirt. I will be driving a blue P.T. Cruiser with Michigan plates. I will try and be there by 11:00 if anybody wants to meet up beforehand to match cyber-name with face.

Comm-Law

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2005, 02:31:49 PM »
I'm wearing jeans and some type of collared shirt. I will be driving a blue P.T. Cruiser with Michigan plates. I will try and be there by 11:00 if anybody wants to meet up beforehand to match cyber-name with face.

I'll try to get there around 11:00 or so as well.  The 4 1/2 hour drive + time-zone change will make it a very long day.  I'll either be driving a black Dodge Ram with Illinois Plates (CYBER1) or I'll be driving a white '92 Camero with Illinois Plates (CBCAST1).  In my former life, I owned an ISP... that's why I have the unusual plates.

See ya,
Comm-Law

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2005, 04:53:49 PM »
I will shoot for 11:00 as well.  Driving blue Focus with MI plates.  Also, I'm 6'4" and stocky so I'll stick out in a crowd.