Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any thoughts on Toledo?  (Read 22878 times)

Rocketman

• View Profile
Re: Any thoughts on Toledo?
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2005, 02:30:08 PM »
In case this info is useful to anyone else: The Law Out of State Award is to make up the difference between in-state and out of state tuition costs. So if anyone else is from a county in MI that qualifies for in-state tutition, I guess we're billed for out of state but this covers the extra tuition fees for out of state.

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2005, 05:09:06 PM »
yeah, I just got the letter yesterday and sent it back.  All I recieved was the statement, no additional letters, or pamphlets, or anything.  I think UT is trying to save paper.  Anyway, I'm heading down on the 27th, anyone else going? 

rocket- where in Michigan are you from (obviously SE MI)?

I'm from Oxford, just finished up my UG from Oakland University.  graduated Oxford High 97'.

Rocketman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2005, 05:53:51 PM »
yeah, I just got the letter yesterday and sent it back.  All I recieved was the statement, no additional letters, or pamphlets, or anything.  I think UT is trying to save paper.  Anyway, I'm heading down on the 27th, anyone else going? 

rocket- where in Michigan are you from (obviously SE MI)?

I'm from Oxford, just finished up my UG from Oakland University.  graduated Oxford High 97'.

I'm from Ann Arbor, went to undergrad at U of M. I'll probably be there on the 27th as long as I can get out of work.

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2005, 06:57:24 PM »
Just visited Toledo on Sunday....  nice little campus they have there.  It seemed like anything Northwest of the school was a nice area to live.  To the East seems less favorable.  Rents seem to be quite cheap, many 2 bedrooms under 500.  Sylvania seemed like a pretty nice area.  Downtown was a lot smaller than I expected though.

The Law building is right on the edge of campus (nice - no fighting UG traffic).  The classrooms and courtroom seemed real nice, but the library was a little small with so so chairs.  Overall it was better than I expected though.

Also, UT sent me a little window decal today and info about a faculty advisor to contact with any questions.

Rocketman

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2005, 02:58:39 PM »
I got the housing info from UT today. Looks like a pretty good list of apartments in the area.

Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2005, 12:55:01 PM »
Can you give me some more info on the 27th. I got word from Toledo yesterday that I'm in (via a reply to an e-mail) and they also said my info would be going in the mail this morning. Thanks.

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2005, 08:14:15 PM »
What's relevant about the 27th?

I also got the housing information.  Housing in Toledo looks very, very affordable.

Rocketman

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2005, 08:26:07 PM »
Can you give me some more info on the 27th. I got word from Toledo yesterday that I'm in (via a reply to an e-mail) and they also said my info would be going in the mail this morning. Thanks.

On Friday May 27th at 11:30am in the Law Center Auditorium is the first "official" function for our class.  It's an informal picnic/barbecue. They say this lunch is primarily designed to acquaint you with other members or your entering class and available housing opportunities in the Toledo area. Housing officials will be available with info and maps to local apartments. Faculty and a fin. aid person will be there also.

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2005, 03:02:54 PM »
I am definately excited about the prospect of paying less than $500 a month for rent!  It is odd, I was accepted on April 14, but still have not recieved housing list or May 27 info.  I knew about the 27th from LSD and called them and they told me about it.  I have recieved 4 mailings, 1) acceptance, 2) fin aid, 3) seat deposit rec'd, 4) car sticker and faculty advisor info, all mailings were one page and somewhat brief.  Also, Carol E. Frendt's signature looks different on each one, I almost think different people signed her name.  Anyway, just thought I would share this tidbit of oddness, and say that when I did call they were more than happy to fill me in on everything.

Rocketman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2005, 04:17:48 PM »
That's funny I noticed the signatures are different too.

This is what I've gotten so far:

acceptance letter
financial aid award letter
may 27th bbq letter
advisor info and decal
housing info (a couple days ago) If you're still waiting for this, the housing packet says you can find updated apartment and housing info at www.commuter.utoledo.edu

Also, for anyone who needs info on May 27th, I forgot to mention you need to RSVP by May 23.  So if you want to go I'd just call them and ask about it.