Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any thoughts on Toledo?  (Read 23148 times)

BarryDingle

• View Profile
Re: Any thoughts on Toledo?
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 03:48:42 PM »
I am going to visit soon. What are the good places to go to?  I'm talking bars, restaurants, fun places.

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 05:14:17 PM »
I'll put this on here as well.  I am considering either IU-Indy, Toledo, or Capital.  IU-Indy has given me some money, Toledo - None, and Capital - None.  I live in Columbus, and would prefer Capital, but probably won't go if they don't at least equal the deal I got from IU-Indy.

I am entering as a PT student simply because I don't want to rack up huge law school loan debt.  I'm quite happy having to go an extra year.

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 05:59:33 PM »
Paperback- I like how despite having to create a new username you cordinated your avitar.

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 06:13:13 PM »
Paperback- I like how despite having to create a new username you cordinated your avitar.

That way they know the one and only -- Paperback Writer!

You still going to Toledo?

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 01:53:21 AM »
yep, it's pretty much a lock now.  I'll withdraw from PSU in the next few days and I'm pretty much all set.  Deposit is in at Toledo, going to admitted students day, may even visit when there finals are over.  I'm only about 1 hr 45 min away so it's an easy trip for me.  I have declined all my other schools, have no apps pending, and that will be it.

Rocketman

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2005, 02:12:28 PM »
Anybody else get their fin. aid award yet?  I just got mine and I'm confused about part of it. There's one line that says "Law Out of State Award" and I'm not sure if that's some type of loan or something to offset out of state tuition that I don't have to pay back. Any ideas? 

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2005, 04:20:11 PM »
Anybody else get their fin. aid award yet?  I just got mine and I'm confused about part of it. There's one line that says "Law Out of State Award" and I'm not sure if that's some type of loan or something to offset out of state tuition that I don't have to pay back. Any ideas? 

I'm sure that's it.  I got the same thing from IU-Indy.  I'm a buckeye.

Hotel Yorba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2005, 04:37:46 PM »
Can't help you here.  I will get in-state due to the fact that I live in a qualifying Michigan county.  I would call them and ask on Monday. 

I have a question as well, I was accepted on April 14, sent my seat deposit on April 19, and still haven't heard a peep.  I want some info, you know the typical BS schools send with the acceptance.  My acceptance letter was one page with more info to come.  Well, I'm waiting...... 

Paperback Writer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2005, 04:46:29 PM »
Can't help you here.  I will get in-state due to the fact that I live in a qualifying Michigan county.  I would call them and ask on Monday. 

I have a question as well, I was accepted on April 14, sent my seat deposit on April 19, and still haven't heard a peep.  I want some info, you know the typical BS schools send with the acceptance.  My acceptance letter was one page with more info to come.  Well, I'm waiting...... 

I did get my award from Toledo just a couple days ago.  Other than that, I haven't heard jack.  I'm still waiting to hear from IU-Indy.

Rocketman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2005, 04:54:24 PM »

Yeah, I'm from MI too and should qualify for in-state so I'm not sure if I've been considered as in-state or if they give you some money to make up the difference hence the "Law out of state award."  The only thing I recieved from UT after my acceptance was an invite to the May bbq and then also a letter from fin. aid. with my award.  I wish UT communicated a little bit more. Other schools send an email once a month talking about how great their school is, come on UT give me something to be excited about!