Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Visiting Syracuse?  (Read 7057 times)

yuplawyup

• View Profile
Visiting Syracuse?
« on: March 31, 2005, 09:59:37 AM »
Hey everyone - For those of you visiting Syracuse could you let me know how it is?  How's the campus, facilities, etc?  I'm not going to be able to get up there and check it out until after the seat deposit is due.  I'm still waiting to hear from about 5 or so schools, and I'm getting nervous because I feel like it's getting late in the game.  But, right now - I'm planning on going to Syracuse.  I hope ya'll have a good time visiting.  If you can't tell from the hey's and ya'll's - I'm from north carolina. ;)

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Visiting Syracuse?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005, 03:58:12 PM »
I just came back from their admitted students day on april first.  I really liked the school.  It wasnt supper modern but still had everything you could need. I liked the instructor of the class that I sat in on.  (I expected to because it was assigned by the people that want your money). We got the chance to talk to other students and they all seemed pretty happy with their decision.  The weather was really nice but I know not to be fooled by an accidental nice day.  The entire campus is really nice.  I went out to the armory area and found the local pubs to be nice with many to choose from.  My overall experience has been great.  The admissions staff have been great and have really seemed to go the extra mile, way moreso then any other school I have experienced thus far.  Anything else I could answer I will gladly.  Im from California so I am worried about the weather.

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 10:03:05 PM »
yeah i'm visitng syracuse on Friday as well and staying in a hotel on thurs. I am excited :)
I love my philly phanatic :)

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 10:08:28 PM »
are you staying in the hotel by the school?  it is a really nice hotel.  make sure you visit the area around the school.  I went to the armory to check out the local scene.  it was nice.  it gave me a good feel of the area.

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 10:24:51 PM »
unfortunately they accepted me too late and the one near the school was all booked!! I have to stay at another one in town (the Marx), but I am very curious to check out everyting. I am going to do that thursday night before the program on Friday becuaes I have to get right out of there to get back to home.  BDC-what time did the program end when you went?

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 10:25:41 PM »
I'm not going to be able to go this Friday, so please let me know how it went!

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 10:27:44 PM »
I will bring back a full report cause i have been anxiously awaiting a thread on the school so i know how that feels.

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 10:30:59 PM »
Thanks!

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 10:38:24 PM »
it went until about 1pm.  it end with a lunch at a table with a student so you can ask questions.  there is no official ending just when the lunch is over and the questions start to wind down.

biolawgirl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 10:43:50 PM »
thanks!!!