Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PDAs for law shool?  (Read 806 times)

WaxPoetic

• View Profile
PDAs for law shool?
« on: March 30, 2005, 08:28:10 PM »
Considering that most law students use laptops, is there any need to own a PDA as well?  Are there any law-specific PDA programs that are particularly useful?  For that matter, is there any reason whatsoever to buy one?
Attending: Seton Hall

carrie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: PDAs for law shool?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 08:42:39 PM »
I have the same exact question.  I want to get one too but just don't know what kind seeing as technology is always changing.

duma

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 12:07:51 AM »
I use my laptop for everything (I also back up everything). Just ask yourself, do you need to carry another piece of equipment?

carrie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 01:46:23 PM »
It's a small piece that could fit in our purse.

I use my laptop for everything (I also back up everything). Just ask yourself, do you need to carry another piece of equipment?

duvimom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 07:59:32 PM »
I have both. They serve different functions. My PDA keeps my schedule, with alarms for everything, repeated reminders, etc. and my phone book--as well as dictionaries, books, games, note pads. And it's little, and easy to consult, without having to boot it up every time I want to check something. (ie. Westlaw password..) I also read books on the subway--my Palm is a lot easier to juggle than a book, and I've got about 30 books loaded on it.
I wouldn't give up my Palm, my laptop, OR cellphone.

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evening PT 2L at a third tier toilet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 08:18:28 PM »
I agree that it's just another thing/hassle to carry.  For me, I would go with a PDA/cell phone.  Less to carry and after a couple of years, when the tech is old for both, just get another combo.  Kills two birds with one stone in my opinion.