Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone attending Stetson out there??  (Read 15162 times)

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Anyone attending Stetson out there??
« on: March 28, 2005, 09:21:15 PM »
Just curious to hear your thoughts on Stetson. What has your experience been like as a student and etc. any info is invited! thx ;D
HUSL 1L

gusrip98

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anyone attending Stetson out there??
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 04:18:41 PM »
Will be attending this fall...so I wanted to tag this thread.
"Never stole a horse from someone I didn't like"

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005, 03:37:52 AM »
Congrats! :D  I'm still waiting to hear from them.
HUSL 1L

RUSewCrazy

• 2.6/163
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 09:06:45 AM »
Also still waiting - expecting an answer early next week. I applied for part-time.

I've been to some of their functions for prospective students and have been impressed by the faculty and students. The Tampa satellite campus is brand new and very nice, but in kind of a funky area and students have to go to both campuses. Also, I'm not sure that many professor have office hours in the Tampa campus, so you'd have to hike over to Gulfport (I would anyway).

I think full-time has to come over to Tampa once in a while, right? At least that is what was mentioned at the information sessions. Seems kind of silly if you are a full-time student in Gulfport to add travel time to an already full schedule...

Anyway, just some random thoughts, just woke up and coffee hasn't had time to do it's thing, my opinions might not be very coherent. :)

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 01:09:03 AM »
thanks for the info. I never knew you had to travel between the two. But I thought Tampa Bay wasn't to far from Gulfport?? I heard they are sending out the next batch of acceptances on tuesday. Hopefully we'll be lucky enough to be in that group!  :D
HUSL 1L

kvdubb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005, 12:40:44 PM »
I'll be at Stetson in the fall-  it would be great to talk to some other soon to be 1L's

ndiver

• 3.34 (4.0), 151
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005, 05:02:32 PM »
I'll be there in the fall as well... is anyone going to the open house this weekend? If you are I would book a room now bc they are VERY expensive.
Accepted: Stetson
Rejected:UC Boulder, UGA, UTK, Georgia State, Hofstra, Santa Clara, Temple
Pending: Mercer

rpniner36

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 05:32:17 PM »
I will be attending the open house this weekend and am about 90% sure i will be here in the fall. For those of you still looking for a room, most of the hotels there are closed until december because of the previous damage by hurricanes. I made my reservation yesterday at a Howard Johnson, which is about 5-10mins from campus.

cam108

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 06:44:08 PM »
Hey, guys please post your thoughts after you return from the open house this weekend.  I'm curious to know how it goes.  thx  :D
HUSL 1L

kvdubb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 04:25:32 PM »
I wish i could be there this weekend-  unfortunately i can't get out of work this weekend (I live in Wash. DC) .  I have visited though, and I got nothing but positive vibes.  Looking forward to seeing you all there.  Where is everyone planning to live?