Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boston Class of 2008  (Read 19307 times)

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Boston Class of 2008
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2005, 05:28:02 AM »

i want a car in boston! i do i do.  i've lived in a commuter culture location for EVER.

what a weird spring break.

what about class schedules?!!!!  when are we getting more fun information from the school? Our next deposit is due soon!

(is anyone here not tolerant of homosexuals?)

Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

cultleader

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2005, 07:53:54 AM »
why?

MITgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2005, 11:57:23 AM »

I have officially decided on BC Law and I am REALLY excited. I just got back from Georgetown and Cornell, and the trip solidified my choice. I'm happy to be remaining in Boston for the next 3 years, and hopefully longer. 

I graduated from MIT and I will be living in the clevaland circle area.

As to Snuvy's question, Boston College is a feeder into the Democratic party in Boston. All of the Boston schools are liberal, and you should not be worried about the religous aspect of BC. My friends from BC Law say religion is more of a peripheral entity, not a central focal point. Any student who is not mature enough to handle your sexuality should probably not be going to law school yet anyway.

See you guys next year!

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2005, 12:46:06 PM »
tag

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2005, 02:15:43 AM »

yay thanks for the information!

what is the "clevaland circle area" and how is that different from the life at alliston/brighton comm ave area?  (sorry, i'm from california.)

OH

and if anyone needs a roommate? I'm available.   ;D
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

cultleader

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2005, 01:03:58 PM »
I also need to get a room soon. I hope to live within a walking distance from Law School.
MITgrad; Did you get accepted to Cornell and Georgetown and turn them down? Or did you  visit there just to look around?
Anyway there is at least another MIT grad among L2 or L3, he is Korean American.

MITgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2005, 12:34:31 PM »
I also need to get a room soon. I hope to live within a walking distance from Law School.
Snuvvy; Is MITgrad's assumption correct? If so. it makes two of us.
MITgrad; Did you get accepted to Cornell and Georgetown and turn them down? Or did you  visit there just to look around?
Anyway there is at least another MIT grad among L2 or L3, he is Korean American.

I was accepted to Cornell and G-Town, but have chosen to attend BC instead. I want to stay in Boston and I recieved a decent scholarship from BC. It was a tough decision, but I like the atmosphere at BC and it was my target school when I first began this journey, although it was ranked much higher at the time, I am sure it is merely underated on USNews.

cultleader

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2005, 01:02:11 PM »
It must have been a very tough decision to turn down T14 schools. But I would dislike the location of Cornell-deep, deep into the mountain, and GUSL's reputation for its cutthroat competitiveness. I also turned down a few schools ranked above BC,,but they're not T14s. At the moment I'm weighing beween UMN and BC, I feel like your choice is making my decision easy and clear.
Most likely, see you in the fall in Newton.

MITgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2005, 08:23:29 AM »

It was hard, but not that hard. The rankings and/or T10 are not all that matters in choosing a law school. The 15-25 range of schools will readjust every year; I believe making yourself happy is more important than some article in a magazine. Plus, you should take into account scholarships. :)

cultleader

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2005, 02:00:54 AM »
I heard people say UG defines who you are and Graduate school defines your career (or path?). You already went to MIT so nobody would doubt your intelligence no matter where you may end up.
I also went to a very very prestigious university.(hehe. ;)And I also fully realized that school's prestige can't guarantee happiness.You should be happy with where you are and what you're doing and who you're with. and last but not least, who you are...
I hope you're happy with your choice for all three years in law school and thereafter.
And I hope so about me too..