Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boston Class of 2008  (Read 19408 times)

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Boston Class of 2008
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2005, 05:17:26 AM »

I am like so scared.

I am from San Diego, California.  Moving to Boston would have been the most big, crazy, awesome thing I think I will ever do in my life.  I have no idea what to do actually!

Anyone got any advice on which neighborhood I should seek housing in?  What is the weather like?  Right now in San Diego, we are having warm beach weather, what's going on in Boston?

I feel a bit scared, but I am also excited.

I also was unable to go to the BC Open House.  If you went please please post all the good things and bad things about BC: facilities/faculty/admin/students/blah blah blah

Thanks--and see you in the Fall!

Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

ziti

• View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=ziti
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2005, 10:54:02 AM »
I just dropped my seat deposit off yesterday 15 minutes before the admission office closed.  Talk about down to the wire.  See you all there in the fall.

karita624

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2005, 01:19:34 PM »
I just dropped my seat deposit off yesterday 15 minutes before the admission office closed.  Talk about down to the wire.  See you all there in the fall.

Hahaha-- me too!  I drove over there at about 3 PM.  I saw a lot of checks on the girl's desk, so I am assuming that the two of us weren't the only procrastinators.
Have a good summer, everyone!

cultleader

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2005, 09:49:14 PM »
I sent the check on April 18th from Seoul by express mail(TNT). The BC admissions said on the email  that if it is postmarked by April 20, then it is fine. Anyway  TNT said that my check arrived on 19. But BC never notified me of their acceptance of my check say, through the email. Is this the way it is? ???

cultleader

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2005, 10:01:04 PM »
Princetonreview site called BC Law Disney world law school. Is this just the princetonreveiw thing? or is it a well-known nickname? Obviously Newton campus doesn't have a rollercoaster or anything in it...BTW I like amusement parks. ;)

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 06:43:20 PM »

princeton review also said BC was ranked 5th in the "alternative lifestyles not an alternative"...which makes me a little scared, especially since I am coming from the UC system which is full of screaming liberals.

Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2005, 06:44:18 PM »

does anyone know what the class schedule will be like for the fall?

like how many hours do we go to class/spend on campus/when are classes off/when we have free time?

also, does anyone else find it weird that BC does not have a spring break?
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

ziti

• View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=ziti
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2005, 09:52:17 AM »
It looks like they have a break during the week of February 20 to 24.  It's more like a late winter break than a spring break.  Should I go down south to the warm weather, or ski the whole week?  That'll be a tough decision.

Rowgirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.3/165
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 09:58:11 AM »
But we also get off for Easter and Patriots Day!  Oh, how I've missed that holiday these past four years...
In: BC, Northeastern ($), Quinnipaic ($$), Suffolk ($), Temple ($)
Waitlisted: W&M, W&L
Out: BU
Attending: BC

yale05

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 10:29:43 AM »

I wouldn't call it the disneyland of law schools, but it is definitly the nicest campus I have seen other than HYS. The library was beautiful; I think that the campus says a lot about a school, and both campuses are georgous.

Question: Is everyone getting a car? I tried out the shuttle system when I visited, and it seemed to be fairly reliable. Any BC undergrads care to comment?