Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boston Class of 2008  (Read 18770 times)

jcm2005

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Boston Class of 2008
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2005, 05:48:29 PM »
hey snuvy--

you've got another uc student here-- do you think we'll ever adjust to the cold?

Hey I've been reading up on Newton and I found that the "Fig Newton" is named after our law school's hometown-- I guess we're mov'n on up.

Does anyone know if we'll have anything to do with the other campus, or is it all isolated on the Newton one?

See you guys in the fall

MITgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2005, 12:16:12 PM »
Cultleader,
   Thanks for your response. I loved MIT. My Boston experience has led me to pursue a career here in Boston, and I have found that BC is probably the law school that places the best in the city other than Harvard. Cornell was very tempting, but it was too far removed for my preferences.

jcm2005,
   You can use the UG campus resources, although it is not necessary. The UG campus is amazing, as is the Newton campus. I believe I will be using the UG library at times, but other than that, I will probably stay in Newton. Of course, the BC sports teams play on the UG campus, so I will be there on Saturdays in the Fall when I can. :)

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Trust me, I'm a lawyer.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snuvy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2005, 12:46:53 AM »

jcm2005:

what uc did you go to? have you already found housing? i'm finding the most difficult transition into BC Laws is actually finding somewhere to live when you're on the complete oppisite side of the world.

i did not know the fig newton reference, also, i bet the campus is pretty boring and suburban, so whatever to that.

let me know how you're doing, are you gonna go to the housing fair?

-james
Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

ziti

• View Profile
    • http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=ziti
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2005, 04:53:32 PM »
Snuvy, don't get too stressed out about finding a place to live.  There are tons of places relatively close to the law school.  Craigslist is your best bet for scoping out apartments from across the country.  You should go to the housing fair though.  I just got an apartment in Newton (I personally prefer the whole suburbia thing).  My number one recommendation is to look at as many places as possible, since the location and quality of similarly priced apartments can vary greatly.  Allston/Brighton is very urban and is the most easily accessible neighborhood for BC Law.  I have one friend who lives in a 1 bedroom apartment and pays $1000/month, and I have other friends who split $1400/month for a two bedroom.  These prices are a pretty good benchmark for what to expect.  They don't live in the lap of luxury, but their places are very presentable.  Harvard/Porter/Davis Squares along the Red Line in Cambridge, Cleveland Circle to Coolidge Corner on the C line in Brookline, and Allston Brighton are all the best hip, urban areas for students.  You'll definitely be able to find a nice place.

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2005, 03:22:35 AM »

does anyone know what our class schedule is yet?

Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

draino

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2005, 05:26:24 PM »
Here's the schedule from last year. 

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/students/index.php/topic,669.0.html

The courses for the fall will be Torts, Property, Civ. Pro. and Contracts.

Snuvy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2005, 09:58:11 PM »

ew.

why is class from 9-3 and m-f?

the last time i've seen a schedule like that was in high school.

Boston College c/o 2008
A Distant Past

NeverForever

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2005, 04:32:37 PM »
I'm looking for a 1L roommate (or two or three). I'd like to move around July 1st in the Allston/Brighton area. If you're also roommate/apartment hunting message me.

Neub

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2005, 01:34:22 PM »
Just wanted to revive this thread. It seems as though there should be more BC people around, but that might have been just in the "tell me where I should go phase" and now they are all gone.

Anyways, I was in Boston a week ago and found a place along the B line on Comm. Ave. It's probably a half a mile or less from Cleveland Circle if you know the area. Have the rest of you found places?

I'm also open for advice on the car issue. I was committed to bringing a car to BC, but this was somewhat based on the assumption that I would need one.  With the location of my apt, this need isn't quite so strong.  I'm curious as to whether the cost/hassle of having a car is justified at this point.

MITgrad

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2005, 01:41:58 PM »
Just wanted to revive this thread. It seems as though there should be more BC people around, but that might have been just in the "tell me where I should go phase" and now they are all gone.

Anyways, I was in Boston a week ago and found a place along the B line on Comm. Ave. It's probably a half a mile or less from Cleveland Circle if you know the area. Have the rest of you found places?

I'm also open for advice on the car issue. I was committed to bringing a car to BC, but this was somewhat based on the assumption that I would need one.  With the location of my apt, this need isn't quite so strong.  I'm curious as to whether the cost/hassle of having a car is justified at this point.

I decided to bring a car to use primarily in the winter. I will be living near clev. Cir., but in the winter I want to be able to get to and from the LS out in newton whenever I want. I figure a car will be a good thing to have around. It looks like the shuttle system is pretty reliable though. I think you could do it either way. The freedom that comes with a car is probably a good thing to have though; you can escape from the stress if you need to get away. :)