Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Massachusetts School of Law  (Read 458 times)

JonR0921

• View Profile
Massachusetts School of Law
« on: March 26, 2005, 06:04:13 PM »
Does anyone know anything about the Massachusetts School of Law, the non-ABA law school in Andover, MA?  It was one of the schools I was accepted to, and I'm curious to know if anyone knows anything about it.

Thanks.

dft

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Massachusetts School of Law
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 10:42:14 PM »
I don't know anything about the school, but I'm from Andover.  I live right down the street from the school, though I've never actually been there (I'm home in Andover now for Easter too).  I can tell you about Andover if you want.

fansill

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Massachusetts School of Law
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 08:12:59 PM »
I am a first year student of MS LAw in Andover. So far, so good. The educational standards seem quite high and from what I hear from students at other law schools, the majority of our profs are holding us to a higher standard than many other schools in order to prove a point...MS Law is currently not ABA approved or accredited. (But you probably already know that) You can still take the bar exam in Massachusetts and a few other states immediately after graduating. There are also a number of other states that will allow you to take the bar exam in that particular state after a specified amount of years practicing in your "home" state. We need 90 credit hours to graduate and all of the normal required courses are also required here. We do have 3 required writing courses. Most of the profs teach by the socratic method and many of our full time staff members are graduates of some of the biggest and best name law schools in the country. If you need any other info...just ask. I will see if I can squeeze you in between studying for tort, contracts, crim pro...etc...LOL!!!