Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown Transfer  (Read 3636 times)

Goldenboy2605

• View Profile
Georgetown Transfer
« on: March 25, 2005, 02:00:43 PM »
I will be starting as a 1L at Vanderbilt this fall but I still want to try to transfer to my number one choice for law school which is Georgetown. Has anyone had any experience with transferring to Georgetown? If so, what were your numbers and what school did u come from? It seems like if my grades are pretty good it shouldn't be too difficult to transfer to Georgetown from Vandy since they are ranked so closely together. Is that the case??? Plus I doubt if too many people at top 14 schools would transfer down to Georgetown.  Also, has anyone had any experience with transferring to Columbia, Yale, Northwestern or University of Chicago? Do these schools have the same policy as Harvard whereas in order to transfer you should have been at least a competitive candidate for admission to Harvard when you were in undergraduate? ANY info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jdohno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown Transfer
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 06:38:42 PM »
You can go the transfer group on Yahoo. A bunch of people on there just got accepted to Georgetown. They have a database with the school they transferred from and their  first grades. And no if you do well at Vandy, over a 3.7 you shouldn't have a problem transferring to G-town. It's called a lateral transfer when you transfer to a comparable but slightly highly ranked school.

"I will be starting as a 1L at Vanderbilt this fall but I still want to try to transfer to my number one choice for law school which is Georgetown. Has anyone had any experience with transferring to Georgetown? If so, what were your numbers and what school did u come from? It seems like if my grades are pretty good it shouldn't be too difficult to transfer to Georgetown from Vandy since they are ranked so closely together. Is that the case??? Plus I doubt if too many people at top 14 schools would transfer down to Georgetown. 

No Harvard, Yale and Stanford are the only schools with that policy. Columbia and Northwestern are known to be transfer friendly schools along with Michigan, UCLA, Boalt. Chicago takes about 15 people a year. Don't go into school preparing to transfer unless you have some sort of plan to do well. I went into my school with the goal of transferring. But I prepped the summer before and talked to a few people who transferred from the school. But it was hard during the year since I couldn't talk about tranferring with anyone. But wanting to transfer motivate many times when I was too tired to keep studying. Good luck.

"Also, has anyone had any experience with transferring to Columbia, Yale, Northwestern or University of Chicago? Do these schools have the same policy as Harvard whereas in order to transfer you should have been at least a competitive candidate for admission to Harvard when you were in undergraduate? ANY info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

LawLady

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 11:35:27 PM »
What's the exact name of the yahoo group?

jdohno

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 12:47:40 AM »
The name of the group is Transferapps

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transferapps/

What's the exact name of the yahoo group?