Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I go to Rutgers-Camden?  (Read 7386 times)

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Should I go to Rutgers-Camden?
« on: March 24, 2005, 02:05:48 PM »
I'm choosing between Rutgers-Camden and Villanova.  I was wondering if anyone out there has any opinion on how these two schools compare to eachother.

All input is appreciated.
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy

SillyMia

• View Profile
Re: Should I go to Rutgers-Camden?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 07:29:42 PM »
tag.  You again!!!!  I guess we're wondering the same thing!  We'll see what the opinion is Mr. Monk.

BTW, those monk fish sure are UGLY!  have you ever seen one?  Gosh, I saw one on display in Seattle once and they are certainly an interesting sight!

hmmmNJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 08:30:10 PM »
I know that Villanova has a great alumni network base. Tons of partners and judges....but if you want to stay in NJ post graduation, Camden might be a good bet

rulaw25

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 11:37:53 PM »
I'm at RutgersCamden now, I have my issues w/ he school, but it's rep. is actually better than the U.S. news implies.  'Nova & RU are pretty similar.  RU higher ranked and better known name nationally.  Also, 'Nova costs more and has nicer campus (by far).  Basically, if you want to practice in PA go w/ 'Nova, anywhere else go w/ RU.  Not that 'Nova isn't good nationally, but RU is a little better.  RU palces really well in Philly, but since 'Nova is in PA still may be a better choice.

rulaw25

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 11:39:00 PM »
sorry about the spelling...long day

rulaw25

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 11:30:21 AM »
Just caught the 2006 rankings.  'Nova actually moved passed RU-C by 2 spots.  If that affects your decision

Largemonk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 09:14:56 AM »
I'm at RutgersCamden now, I have my issues w/ he school, but it's rep. is actually better than the U.S. news implies.  'Nova & RU are pretty similar.  RU higher ranked and better known name nationally.  Also, 'Nova costs more and has nicer campus (by far).  Basically, if you want to practice in PA go w/ 'Nova, anywhere else go w/ RU.  Not that 'Nova isn't good nationally, but RU is a little better.  RU palces really well in Philly, but since 'Nova is in PA still may be a better choice.

Thanks for the input. I was at the Rutgers-Camden Admitted Students Open House this past weekend and that was the feeling I got. I actually did some research on my own (using Martindale Hubbel) and found that Villanova vastly outplaces Rutgers in Philly. But the opposite is true in So. Jersey.

I have to say, I was impressed with the people at Rutgers. And I'm not as scared off by Camden as most people.

Out of curiosity, what are your "issues" with RU-Camden?
158 (155+161)/3.1
Going to: Villanova
In:Rutgers-Camden $, Catholic, NYLS $, PSU $
WL: Cardozo, U MD, Brooklyn, St. John's
Out: American, BU, BC, UConn, Fordham, Georgetown PT, GW PT, Penn, Temple, George Mason, W&L
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=alexknagy

rulaw25

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 12:51:45 PM »
They're nothing big.  I just don't like the actually law school building.  It was a horrible design (except for the Library).  It is too small, not enough "student-space", etc.  However, you wouldn't have to worry b/c the new facility will be completed by the time you graduate.  Also, the campus itself is so small that you don't want to stay on campus to study, etc.  The cafe is horrible and too expensive, etc.  Basically, things like that.  Administratively I have no problems except that he upper level cours times are not great, but heir still subject to change.
Basically, in the whole scheme of things they are not big deals.  Just little things that will annoy you.  But, I'm sure every school has their little problems

BeachYeti

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 12:04:02 PM »
I'm 3 years out from Rutgers Camden, and I think the school is great.  I have no complaints about the place.  If I could go back and do it over again, I'd still go to Rutgers-Camden.

Villanova is for punks.  Be tough and live in Camden.  Only nerds go to law school in Philly.