Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Syracuse - Crim law  (Read 4801 times)

yuplawyup

• View Profile
Syracuse - Crim law
« on: March 24, 2005, 11:33:46 AM »
Hey - I recently got into Syracuse and was wondering if anyone could give me insight on the school?  if they like it/hate it?  also, i'm trying to find out if they have some sort of concentration in crim law...

orange

• View Profile
Re: Syracuse - Crim law
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2005, 12:03:50 PM »
I am finishing up at cuse as an undergrad this semester.  while i cant comment directly on specific programs, i will tell you that there is quite a lot of crime in syracuse which may lead to some quality clinical opportunities.  so long as you can avoid being shot, your legal education is certainly going to be enhanced by the crime in the areas surrounding campus.

truthfully, i dont know if i would recommend matriculating here next year.  with warrick and pace graduating, it is sure to be a rebuilding year anyway.  hope this helps.

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2005, 02:29:08 PM »
I have also recently been accepted and will be at their admit day on april 1.  Im not sure about crim law but they have a lot of course offerings and seem to be a good school for international law.  Im curious about their national security and counter terrorism institute.

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lilstepho
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2005, 03:30:47 PM »
I have also recently been accepted and will be at their admit day on april 1.  Im not sure about crim law but they have a lot of course offerings and seem to be a good school for international law.  Im curious about their national security and counter terrorism institute.

I'll be there on April 1st, also!!!
Syracuse it is!!!!! .. all the way from sunny southern Alabama ...

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2005, 04:58:12 PM »
Iloveny,

I was really excited about the school but as time goes on it seems as though the general opinion of the programs and the instructors are bad.  Have you gotten this same general opinion of the school?  Have you heard of anyone who likes Syracuse?  Im looking for something positive about Syracuse other then the brocures and websight.

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2005, 06:57:37 PM »
Iloveny,

I was really excited about the school but as time goes on it seems as though the general opinion of the programs and the instructors are bad.  Have you gotten this same general opinion of the school?  Have you heard of anyone who likes Syracuse?  Im looking for something positive about Syracuse other then the brocures and websight.

I haven't heard that the program or instructors are bad, but I would love to know where you heard that from. The main reason I'm going on April 1st is because I know very little about Syracuse, and I'm extremely interested to find out. I have been in contact with a first year there, and she loves it, but I'm pretty sure she's not really allowed to tell me otherwise. She's actually going to be helping with the April 1st program, so I'll get the chance to meet her and possibly ask questions that maybe she can give me truthful answers to. 

Have you made hotel arrangements? Or are you from the area?

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 03:39:05 AM »
I have made hotel reservations.  the one on or near campus that they pay for.  I live in California so I really don't know a lot about Syracuse either.  I keep hearing bad things from people on these discussion boards and on the review sights.  The admin people have treated me great throughout the process and was my first admit so I cannot say anything bad about them.  when I post questions either its a bad response or no response at all.  I would like to hear good things about the programs and instructors but since I haven't I am kind of worried.  Its a lot of money and a 400 deposit.  Any thoughts or info you find out would be appreciated.

ILoveNY

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 07:49:39 PM »
I'm staying there, too!  I'm coming from Alabama, so like you, I don't really have a clue!  Hopefully we'll both be enlightened next weekend though -- I'm really excited!

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 10:57:07 PM »
Im flying out to nyc tonight, then off to visit suffolk, back to nyc for some fun then to syracuse.  I really hope I can come to a difinitive decision by the time Im done visiting.  The weather is supposed to suck but the weather (I hear) always sucks in Syracuse.  It will be good for studying.  Im off, got a plane to catch, see you on the first.