Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which housing is better: UK or Lexington Seminary (across street)  (Read 4000 times)

Jackson Smith

• View Profile
Is the graduate level housing provided by UK the better choice? Or is the Lexington Theo Seminary, which is right across the street from the Law School, a better bet?
3.5/160
In: UK($$), UArkansas($$), UPitt, UAkron($$)
Out: UDub, ND
Pending: Too many to list

akito117

• "Do you want some sandwiches?"
    • AOL Instant Messenger - akito117
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Which housing is better: UK or Lexington Seminary (across street)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 03:00:45 AM »
Also, does anybody know the price range for housing?

Thanks! :D
Attending:  UC Hastings

Brisco

• View Profile
Re: Which housing is better: UK or Lexington Seminary (across street)
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 03:41:33 PM »
UK grad housing is alright, I have never lived there but the buildings themselves are not very new. Excellent easily walkable access to all of main campus. I don't know of any housing at the seminary though I have seen the cut up houses in that area. There are fraternity houses right next to the seminary, its probably a 2-3 minute walk to the law school.

The oncampus housing is very reasonably priced. Non UK housing will run between $300 dollars for a very small studio apartment to 400-500 for a decent one bedroom. You can get very nice apartments in a 'high rise' downtown building for about 700-1000 dollars a month. Downtown is a 15 minute walk from main campus. Theres various apartment complexes around the area some of which have very nice apartments. The walk from there will be longer though. Check out http://www.campusrentalproperties.com they have lots of housing around campus and the big downtown building. I rent an apartment from them, very professional company.

If you have a car you can get housing away from campus, there is a parking lot for commuters at memorial collaseum about 5-10 minute walk from the law school. There are lots of luxury apartment complexes away from campus that have housing in the 500-1000 range.