Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: One L next year  (Read 10023 times)

JManning

• View Profile
One L next year
« on: March 18, 2005, 04:36:35 PM »
Any others on this board or are these child boards practically pointless?  Are any of you planning on living in the graduate dorms? near campus? some other neighborhood?

I hope I'm not the only loser who checks this thing.

rhapsody

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: One L next year
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 09:29:59 PM »
You're not!   :D

I'll be a 1L this fall at Catholic as well.  I actually just spent the afternoon there today, just walking around the law school building (hadn't visited before).  I spent about an hour talking with a 2004 graduate who was working at the library desk... she was quite enthusiastic about Catholic and the community there compared to other D.C. schools.

I won't be living on campus; I'll be commuting from Howard County, as we (my husband and I) already have a house there close to his work.

Where are you from?

JManning

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 11:45:43 AM »
I'm from Chciago and will be driving through the night after work on Thursday to make it to admitted student's weekend.  I'm strongly considering living in the dorms first semester so I could get my bearings, find an apartment, etc.. instead of worrying about all that over the summer.  We'll see though.  I'm very excited about the Catholic, once I graduate it will be my total years in Catholic schooling to 19!

rhapsody

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 11:01:51 PM »
Wow, 19 years in Catholic schools?! :o  I have never attended one before so it was a little strange for me to walk around the classrooms the other day and see Jesus on the cross everywhere.  I guess it is just a different focus from what I'm used to. ;)

I don't know where all the good places to live are off-campus, but a friend of mine just got her master's from Catholic last spring, and she shared a house with other students in Hyattsville.  I could ask her for more info if that would be helpful to you.

JManning

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 11:39:48 AM »
Where is Hyattsville?  I was thinking of living somewhere in the city; afterall, I am only 22 and still single.

WKRUSE

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 12:50:22 PM »
Good luck.  I did my first seven years at catholic school.  Getting kicked out was the best thing that ever happened to me.  That said, there is a huge difference between catholic grade school and a post-graduate institution.  I guess I just don't believe in catholisism, or any ism for that matter.  I think it was lenin who said, "I don't believe in beatles, I just believe in me."  He was the walrace, I could be the walrace, I'd still have to bum rides off people.

JManning

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 02:03:47 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of hilarity that I've spent so much time in Catholic institutions.

You made an inadvertantly hilarious pun, by the way.

Lenin=Father of Institutional Communism
Lennon=The best Beatle, also a communist.

rhapsody

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

WKRUSE

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 07:28:11 AM »
I was just quoting Ferris Bueller, but whatever...

JManning

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 01:18:27 PM »
I wasn't mocking you or anything, sorry.  I was talking about how you spelled Lenin/Lennon's name.