Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: For DePaul-bound people that have visited  (Read 3593 times)

Carpe JDiem

• View Profile
    • Email
For DePaul-bound people that have visited
« on: March 16, 2005, 02:22:17 PM »

I realize this kind of defeats the purpose of these boards, but I'm favoring DePaul right now but haven't made a decision.  Strangely enough, even though I lived in Chicagoland for 4 years I have never been to their law school downtown.  Is it nice?  Is the library nice?  Decent student lounges?  Can law students use the gyms on the Lincoln Park Campus?

Thanks for any info, hopefully I'll see you in the fall.

One more thing, do you know if that new University Center housing complex downtown is full for next fall?  I think it is.

brewha

• Sr. Citizen
  • I drank much of this after the Bar Exam....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: For DePaul-bound people that have visited
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 12:53:50 PM »
Hey there, I have visited the campus for the admitted students law day and overall it seemed like a comfortable place to spend the next 3 years.  The law student lounges were very neat and spacious.  The law library appeared to be an excellent place to get quality work done.  Further, the faculty and current students I had the opportunity to meet came off as genuinely friendly people. 

My conversations with several lawyers i interened for this summer have lead me to believe that there is a bright future for DePaul law school graduates.  That fact, along with the nice scholarship they are offering, has influenced my decision to attend DePaul.
pudding is delightful

Carpe JDiem

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: For DePaul-bound people that have visited
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 04:11:47 PM »
Thanks for the info!

I, too, am seriously considering DePaul.  I live in New York now and I miss Chicago alot, especially on days like today when I have to write my rent check.

I think if you perfom at DePaul, the opportunities in Chicago will be there, and from Chicago you can transfer laterally or jump into a business pretty easily.  I know that the law school is in a downtown "office building" and I just wanted to make sure that the law school is not a dark, emotionless place.  I think your post has helped to put that fear to rest.  I have already been corresponding with a professor and he seems great.  Hopefully I'll see you in the fall, thanks again.