Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: help please  (Read 855 times)

katers

• View Profile
help please
« on: March 15, 2005, 12:17:36 AM »
I can not stress this enough... I NEED to transfer!! I live in a very large city right now... I thought I would love it but I HATE it! I need to get out... for my own sanity. I want to go back to a large public university in my home state to get away from the city, save money (half the price in tuition, not to mention the cost of living), go back to a "college town" for the last two years I can, and because I hate so many things about the school I am at I can not begin to list them. I currently go to a tier 2 school, and I the school I want to transfer to is a lower tier 1 school. The problem: my grades weren't so good first semester. I have a 2.8 and I am barely above the bottom 1/4th of my class!! I am trying to study hard and bring up my GPA for next semester... my goal is to bring it above a 3.0. I will study hard, but I'm not sure it will be enough. The schools website says that their typical transfer student has at least a B average (I'm assuming that's about a 3.5) and are in the top 1/4th of their class. I'm pretty sure I have a summer internship this summer with the Department of Child and Family Services... I'm not sure if that will help or not. Anyways, the only thing keeping me going and making me study right now is thinking that I will be at another school next semester... but like I said my first semester grades aren't great... anyone have any kind of advice??