Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Current Widener Students-Anyone go through TAP?  (Read 3749 times)

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
Current Widener Students-Anyone go through TAP?
« on: March 11, 2005, 11:10:42 AM »
Hi!
I am starting TAP this summer, and I was wondering if I could hear from anyone who got into Widener this way? I want to learn as much about it as I can before I start. Thanks!
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

irishsport08

• View Profile
Re: Current Widener Students-Anyone go through TAP?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 12:43:01 PM »
Hi legalkitty,

I don't know much about TAP - but I guess I'll be seeing you there.

brokestudent

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 01:17:53 PM »
I currently attend widener.  I was not in TAP.  A few of my friends were.  Many people feel the people in TAP receive an unfair advantage over those not in it, because they learn the techniques, study habits, and writing style used in law school before anyone else.  So, it seems like a good program.

I can answer any other questions regarding Widener.  My roomate will be in India this summer so i may also be looking to sublet his room for just the summer if anyone is interested.  I am at the Harrisburg campus.

irishsport08

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 10:19:27 PM »
brokestudent,

How do you like Widener? What is the relationship between all the students?

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 09:55:46 AM »
I currently attend widener.  I was not in TAP.  A few of my friends were.  Many people feel the people in TAP receive an unfair advantage over those not in it, because they learn the techniques, study habits, and writing style used in law school before anyone else.  So, it seems like a good program.

I can answer any other questions regarding Widener.  My roomate will be in India this summer so i may also be looking to sublet his room for just the summer if anyone is interested.  I am at the Harrisburg campus.

Thanks for the info. So I guess the people you know who did it didn't find it ridiculously impossible. I am always just surprised the sucess rate is so low. But I am certainly willing to do whatever I need to sucessfully complete it. If you know anyone who would be willing to email me about it, I would appreciate it. Just stuff like how assgnments are given, and class structure, stuff like that.

I will be at Harrisburg, too, so I guess I will see you in the fall!!

P.S. Everyone talks about the dreaded curve at Widener. Can you shed any light on that?? Thanks!

brokestudent

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 08:46:53 PM »
irishsport
At first I really didnt want to be here, but I really do enjoy it now.  I wanted to attend a better school, but I didnt get off any waitlists.  Anyway, I really like it.  Everyone gets along really well.  Its more like high school than anything.  There are about 140 students in 1L and 70 per section.  You get to know everyone in your section really well, there are little groups that are always together, and there are always rumors and gossip going around.  During finals it gets competitive, but other than that its been fun.

legalkitty
The curve at Widener is a little harsh for 1L.  It has to fall between a 2.3 and 2.75.  Top 40% this semester was a 2.721.  Its not terribly bad.  If I find anyone that would be willing to email you ill have them do so. 

Later

irishsport08

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 11:18:30 AM »
Sounds pretty cool then. . . thats a small class - Thanks for your response

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 10:28:58 AM »
Well, we are almost done. Anyone have any thoughts??

planejane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 05:49:34 PM »
Can someone explain TAP?  I have applied to Widener in DE and I am taking the LSAT in December.  This is almost embarassing but I have a 4.0 in undergrad (paralegal studies)and I can't seem to break 145 on the LSAT practice tests.  Embarassing - I told you.  :)

Anyway, is TAP mainly for the students who excel in the GPA and not in the LSAT and vice versa?  When does it usually start?  Any info regarding the program is appreciated.

Thank you.

P.S. - any advice on the LSAT is greatly appreciated too.  I have been studying and studying.  I have never done well on standardized tests and I am trying to break the mold.