Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Called Loyola Law School (LA) they said............what does it usually mean?  (Read 1199 times)

nappie

• View Profile
    • Email

Hey guys,

Called Loyola the admissions guy said "decision has been made but I cannot tell you over phone.You should be receiving something shortly."

I am assuming that this almost means, for sure, that I was rejected?

Anyone else have a similar experience with loyola or other schools when calling?

Chance I am on waiting list? Chance I have been accepted?

If I was accepted, would they not tell me over phone?

Thanks..

mstiger

• View Profile
Not necessarily.  The school may have a privacy policy in place prohibiting transferring an applicant's information via phone which does not provide ID safeguards (they cannot verify that the person on the phone is the applicant).

Also, the person who is answering the phones is probably a student and doesn't know any more information than the fact that a decision on your file has been made or that something has been mailed.

I was in the same situation as you a year ago.  Good luck! :)

nappie

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks mstiger

grunwald

Does the online system show that a decision has been made???

nappie

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi Grem:

"Does the online system show that a decision has been made???"

No it was blank.

seankenn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
It is there policy regardless of your decision.  I was rejected, but I have seen others be accepted with the same "not over the phone" response.  Stay positive and the best of luck to you.

grunwald

It appears that very few part-time applicants have been accepted so far. Does anyone know when this usually occurs?