Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone else decided on Texas Wesleyan?  (Read 11492 times)

mjohnson6565

• View Profile
Re: Anyone else decided on Texas Wesleyan?
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 08:15:06 PM »
I have finally made the decision to attend Texas Wesleyan. After much consideration and prayer I realized that the appeal offered from other schools could not outweigh the benefit of a local school. Attending Texas Wesleyan allows me to continue working with my current employer, it allows my child to continue his education at the same school, and it allows me to keep my house. Granted I will have an hour long commute each way I fell that TexWes is my best option at this point. I am excited about the strides Tex Wes is making; it improves each year.   I look forward to seeing each of you there.
Mess with the bull sometimes you get the Horns

txlawstu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 06:59:40 PM »
A lot of people carpool.  So that might be an option for you.  The two of you can study together on the way to and from school and make use of that hour commute.  Or, just take turns driving and study when your the passenger if you prefer.  When you start classes, or even at orientation, ask around and see who you can find if your interested in that route.

doogie106

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 10:22:44 PM »
I am admitted to the evening part-time program also, but still on the waitlist for full time day.  Crossing my fingers.  I live in Lewisville, and currently work in Fort Worth about 10 min from the law school.  Looking forward to seeing everybody.  I was also accepted into Thurgood-Marshall, but moving to Houston is not too appealing right now.

hoping 1L isnt Hell

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 01:40:52 PM »
I am attending TWU full time, turned down SMU because when consider the scholarship offer from TWU and the much higher tuition at SMU, it was financially a no-brainer.

I hope to see some of you guys who posted in 2007 around campus.  Good luck to those that are still waitlisted...now is the time a few spots usually open up.

alk0068

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 02:16:44 PM »
Hi everyone, I will be attending Texas Wesleyan in the fall full time and just moved to Ft. Worth.  I moved into a place downtown and think this city is amazing. I will be attending the event on Saturday the 27th so hopefully I will meet some of you there.  I have been wait listed at SMU but I think I am going to remove myself from the list.  After visiting the school I fell in love with the atmosphere and the friendly staff.  SMU is way more expensive and TxWes is offering me a small scholarship so after weighing out everything I think Wesleyan is the place for me.  I'm also in the facebook group for class of 2011.  If anyone wants to chat feel free to email me at abby_kweller@yahoo.com.  I just finished reading "How to Succeed in Law School" by Gary Munneke and am waiting on "Getting to Maybe" to arrive from amazon.  I know that it is recommended to just relax the summer before but since I didn't have a pre-law major I feel that I need to catch up on my vocabulary, etc. 

To those of you commuting from Denton, I just graduated from UNT this past May and will always miss that great town.

Good luck to all of you!!

Sincerely,
Abby