Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone else decided on Texas Wesleyan?  (Read 11487 times)

dostoevsky2005

• View Profile
Anyone else decided on Texas Wesleyan?
« on: March 08, 2005, 11:29:12 PM »
I don't know if I'm alone here or not.  Has anyone else decided on Wesleyan Law?  It is the perfect fit for me.  I live near Ft. Worth and will be attending part-time.  Right now I teach at a junior high school but would like to transition into education law.  I would to touch base with others that will be attending here. 

williamsle

• View Profile
Re: Anyone else decided on Texas Wesleyan?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 11:53:39 AM »
I have also committed to  Wesleyan.  I will attend the part-time evening program and commute from Denton.  I enjoyed my visit to the school and the admissions staff is always friendly and helpful.

smuorbust

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 11:12:24 PM »
I've been accepted and probably headed to TWU part-time program. Believe it or not, I will also be commuting from Denton.  I'm just waiting to hear from SMU, but with my 153/3.97 I'm not holding my breath.  Want to carpool. 8)
"I don't mind bullets and I don't mind bombs...I don't want $ and I don't want fame...what I do want, Danny, is for you to stand there in that
_____ white uniform and with that Harvard mouth, extend me some _____ courtesy"  -- Jack

TW08

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 06:04:47 PM »
First post on the "Student's Board."

I'll start at Wesleyan (full time) in the Fall.

Anyone going to Law Day at TWU on Saturday?

TWUKaili

• MSN Messenger - mandylaw@sbcglobal.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ucdmandy22
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 09:21:04 PM »
Hi,
I'm planning on coming to TWU in the fall for the full time day program. I'm from california so I don't really know a lot about the area...my brother lives in Frisco, so at least I'll know one person! Just thought I'd let you know there is someone else going full time out there!

twujd09

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 08:31:46 AM »
I will be starting at TWU this fall (part-time day).  I am excited to be going to TWU.  I'll be commuting from the Garland/Wylie area. 

TeachersPet

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 08:04:11 PM »
Hi,

I am going to apply to TWU for the 2007-2008 school year.  Does anyone have any pointers for the LSAT.  I have planned on taking it in October.  Will it help any because I am getting a M.Ed in Educational Administration next year and my graduate GPA is higher than undergrad?  Please, give my any feedback if you can and I appreciate you taking time to reply.

bvh55

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 05:39:35 PM »
Hi,

I'll be starting in the PT evening program here in a few weeks.  I live in Burleson.

jer2911tx

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 11:06:17 AM »
ut is a big freach for me.
still haven't heard from smu.
just got an acceptance email from texas wesleyan last night.

if i end up attending tex wes,
i could keep my regular job during the day and attend the PT program at wesleyan.

still not sure.
plan on going into IP law, and i'm not sure how the job placement would be from tex wes as opposed to smu.

i may even end up in another state or putting it off a yr, depending on personal issues getting cleared up.

anyone currenly attending or have any info?

i think tex wes's reputation is getting better in the area, though only the top 10% or so can realistically compete with smu for biglaw jobs in dfw.

txlawstu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 03:04:24 PM »
We have a lot of students pursuing IP jobs when they graduate.  It's a big industry right now, and of course a profitable one.  There is an IP group on campus that is helping people make the contacts needed to break into the field also.  I would contact the career services office to see what stats they might have about students going into IP. If your willing to work and make contacts, it doesn't matter where you go to school.  If you want the easy route of a reputation landing you a job, then no TWU is not for you.  Although the school is getting rave reviews, it's still just a T4 school, although our Bar passage is just as good as those rated higher, including SMU and many of our students are in prestigious positions.